Frank Jack Fiamingo

Scott Bach of ANJRPC to speak at 10/13 meeting

Lets clarify, 10 to 20 years to reverse all the damage, not 10 to 20 to have significant wins in this state. I honestly believe the turnout is indicitive of the defeatist attitude prevalent here in NJ on gun rights topics. This is what needs to change. We have the ear of even the middle of the road anti's, its time to be heard and expose the true silent majority.

It's not so much the defeatist attitude it's the location and time for most of us. By having it in the middle of the week you are cutting out everyone from North Jersey and everyone from the lower ends of South Jersey as well. Most of us have to be up early in the morning, there's no way I'm driving 2+ hours in rush hour traffic to make the meeting to drive another 2 hours back home and getting home at midnight or later.

Choose better days to hold your meetings and you may see your numbers expand.

M

It's not so much the defeatist attitude it's the location and time for most of us. By having it in the middle of the week you are cutting out everyone from North Jersey and everyone from the lower ends of South Jersey as well. Most of us have to be up early in the morning, there's no way I'm driving 2+ hours in rush hour traffic to make the meeting to drive another 2 hours back home and getting home at midnight or later.

M

I am half the distance and still agree 100%.

Some of us work for a living ;)

I saw several new faces. There was at least one person that joined NJ2AS on the spot and at least one (much appreciated and much needed) donation that I saw. The people that were there were able to get face to face time with our two guests. That, to me, was worth all the effort. It will take some time to build some consistency. The most important thing, however, is to make sure that we continue to provide the service. Last night we provided the most current and most accurate information concerning our cause that's available and took a giant step towards developing a positive relatonship with ANJRPC. It's things like that that will earn us a positive reputation and give us the credibility that we need when representing the NJ2AS membership.

By the way, Frank deserves major kudos for putting together last nights event. Thank you, Frank.

M

+1

I made the last one (even though Monday was a stretch for me) but there was no way this time. Driving 4.5-5 hours one way in the middle of the week and then another 4.5-5 hours back is a bit ridiculous :p Also does anyone have meeting minutes or a recording that they can personally send to me?

I am also sorry I couldn't make it. It's pretty much a 90 min drive for me and I just had too much to do at work and home to get away in time. I did go the last one, and the one before that, and am a member. So I don't count myself as defeatist or apathetic.

I think that NJ2AS is doing a pretty darn good job, relative to what I (little) know about the other protagonists. And frankly I don't think it'll take 10 -20 years or anything like it - the Bill is now in both chambers. It's about the $$$$$ - $400 x n... per year. Plus training fees. Plus psych test fees.....

happy shooting!!

G

Guest megaman

The bill is moving along!

what do you know???? tell all!

10/7/2010 Introduced, Referred to Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee

Albano, the sponsor of the Assembly version (A3322) is the Vice-Chair of the committee. Any bill can be introduced and referred to committee. If you see the bill move out of committee, that will mean something.

edit:

Just checked the Committee's schedule. This bill isn't on it yet.

Megaman must know something that we don't.

Is there anything that NJ2AS can do better to make the meetings more (I am going to invent a word) attendable? Suggestions?

Maybe....

Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays in the afternoons or something.

Also maybe try to get a meeting up in the Northern Area if you plan on doing it during the week.

M