Frank Jack Fiamingo

Scott Bach of ANJRPC to speak at 10/13 meeting

Scott Bach has agreed to speak at the next meeting of the NJ2AS on Wednesday, October 13th at 8:30PM at the American Legion Post 129 location, at 2025 Church Road in Toms River, NJ 08753. The meeting will begin at 8:00PM with Scott's talk to follow. Most of you are probably familiar with Scott, but here is a short "Bio":

Scott L. Bach, Esq. is President of the Association of New JerseyRifle & Pistol Clubs and a member of the NRA Board of Directors. One of the leading Second Amendment advocates in the Garden State, Scott has been battling for gun rights for over ten years amidst the most hostile legislative environment imaginable, and has aggressively used the courts to advance Second Amendment rights when legislative change was unavailable. He was the driving force behind gun rights lawsuits against the PortAuthority, the State of New Jersey, Jersey City, the Montclair Board of Education, and others. He writes a blog for the New Jersey Star-Ledger, one of two pro-gun blogs in the nation affiliated with a mainstream media outlet.

The topic for the evening will be "An overviewof the legislative and political situation in NJ, regarding Second Amendment rights. It is very important that we get the word out into the community about this event. It is extremely important for us to demonstrate to the public, the battle that is being waged for their rights. This will help to both promote the mission of the NJ2AS, as well as to hasten the achievement of our goals - the FREE expression of our rights as protected under the Second Amendment.

PLEASE, if you have *ANY* contacts within the media, let us know, so that we can publicize this event properly. We can use all the help we can get. Thank you.

Guest megaman

I would come down from way north to talk to Scott...he is an asset to us a big asset...

Yes guys, and I was corresponding with Scott earlier this evening, and he really thinks what *WE* are doing is great. That was very heartening. He seems really happy to be doing this. So, as much as I hate to be a nag, I want to give Scott the BIGGEST possible audience, so I am going to need each and every one of us to PROMOTE THE HELL OUT OF THIS. Any way you can. I will have a flyer together soon. I will post it online. People are going to want to hear Scott, so you should have NO trouble getting these flyers distributed. We should hit every range, store, club, duck blind, and wherever else you can think of. Don't think someone else will do it, just DO IT. It can't hurt to have multiple people blanketing places with requests. ESPECIALLY if ANY of you have ANY kind of media connection, we have to get this on 101.5, NJ.com, and the Star-Ledger. Let's keep the pace going. I am trying to get Michael Patrick Carroll for the November meeting, so we will have had two of the biggest supporters of 2A issues speaking at our meetings before the Christmas break. And this is a group that didn't even EXIST 6 months ago. So, we are doing something right. Let's keep DOING IT!!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT. It is great to be associated with you all. :-)

Scott Bach has agreed to speak at the next meeting of the NJ2AS on Wednesday, October 13th at 8:30PM at the American Legion Post 129 location, at 2025 Church Road in Toms River, NJ 08753. The meeting will begin at 8:00PM with Scott's talk to follow. Most of you are probably familiar with Scott, but here is a short "Bio":

Scott L. Bach, Esq. is President of the Association of New JerseyRifle & Pistol Clubs and a member of the NRA Board of Directors...

This morning, I had the opportunity to promote the New Jersey Second Amendment Society, and the October meeting with Scott Bach, on NJ1015's Dennis and Michele show. We had a good on-air conversation, and Dennis asked for the information so they could promote it on their website.

Nicely done, Frank.

NJ2AS has made some very impressive progress in getting the word out. Keep up the good work.

K

Thank you Ken. I am doing EVERYTHING I can THINK of to promote the cause. I believe so strongly in our BASIC HUMAN RIGHT to keep and bear arms and to self-defense. I believe the overwhelming majority of NJ gun owners, are law abiding, responsible people, who will obtain the proper training OF THEIR OWN ACCORD, in order to safely carry a handgun for protection of self and family. We all know SO MANY GOOD PEOPLE who are competent gun owners. It is not justified for the State to preemptively prohibit good people from exercising such a basic human right. I could go on and on, but I am preaching to the choir. :-)

Thanks again for all your help, advice, and support Ken. It is MUCH appreciated.

I'll be coming down from NNJ, too. Scott is definitely someone I want to talk with or at least see speak.

Frank, I'll also bring down a donation and we can talk about the question you asked me. Retrospective questions will kind of take the back burner to handle as I have down time. But, we can talk more about things before or after the meeting.

I am REALLY looking forward to this.

Will see you all there. I am glad the NJ2AS is able to land someone like Scott, and as much as I would love to take credit for it, as part of the NJ2AS bod, lol, it was all Frank!

Frank, is Scott going to be avail for questions after?

First of all, I wouldn't have been able to do *ANY* of this, if it weren't for NJGF and Maksim. It was this forum that brought us all together, and led to the creation of the NJ2AS. Everything we do is a joint venture. That is why building our membership is so important. Besides giving us a STRONGER voice, the ideas flowing from our members are the lifeblood of the organization. It was actually Bob (smity) who first introduced me to the idea of contacting Scott, so it is the old adage about "the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts". That really *IS* true.

Moving on from the "mutual admiration society meeting" :-) ...

Scott is willing to talk for as long as we want. Then he will entertain a Q and A session. Personally, I suggested a half hour talk, and then open it up to questions. Frankly, I think the Q and A will be the best part. Now, having said that, please keep in mind that, due to ongoing legal maneuvering, there may very well be things Scott will not be able to answer directly. Everyone PLEASE understand that going in. He has promised to do his best to address the most important issues. I trust his judgement. We are all in this together with the same goal in mind. Scott is one of the GOOD guys. :-) Let's keep that in mind when we meet.

Unfortunately I do not think I am going to be able to make this meeting since it is in the middle of the work week (and not on a weekend or a Monday like last time). I am almost 200 miles one way from where this meeting takes place lol. Can we have minutes taken down or have someone record the audio from the meeting?

We will give you a report of the meeting Joe. We "might" be able to record it. I will let you know.Right now it is a question of how much Scott wants to release to the general public, and how much he can share without jeopardizing our position.One way or another we can give you the gist of the talk.

We will give you a report of the meeting Joe. We "might" be able to record it. I will let you know.Right now it is a question of how much Scott wants to release to the general public, and how much he can share without jeopardizing our position.One way or another we can give you the gist of the talk.

Alright thanks!

I just got the email notice from ANJRPC

---------------------

ANJRPC PRESIDENT TO ADDRESS

SECOND AMENDMENT GROUP

THIS WEDNESDAY!

ANJRPC President Scott Bach is scheduled to speak about the current legislative and political situation in the Garden State at a meeting of the recently-formed New Jersey Second Amendment Society this Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 8:00 p.m..

The meeting will be held at the

American Legion Post 129

2025 Church Road

Toms River, NJ 08753

The meeting is free and open to the public. ANJRPC members are invited to attend.

Great!!

I just got the email notice from ANJRPC

---------------------

ANJRPC PRESIDENT TO ADDRESS

SECOND AMENDMENT GROUP

THIS WEDNESDAY!

ANJRPC President Scott Bach is scheduled to speak about the current legislative and political situation in the Garden State at a meeting of the recently-formed New Jersey Second Amendment Society this Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 8:00 p.m..

The meeting will be held at the

American Legion Post 129

2025 Church Road

Toms River, NJ 08753

The meeting is free and open to the public. ANJRPC members are invited to attend.

I think the takeaway is simply that the iron is hot, a lot is in the works behind the scenes. We are finally gaining some momentum. It is IMPERATIVE at this time that we convince ALL our fellow shooters that the time for apathy has to be laid to rest. It is time to get back in the game because this is the VERY BEST opportunity to effect changes since the 1960's!!!! It is SUPREMELY evident that gun owners have gone/remain silent in NJ. THIS MUST CHANGE.

How did it go? Anything newsworthy?

Scott's presentation was terrific. Personally, I got a lot out of it. There were several pieces of the puzzle that finally fell into place for me. In addition to the quality of Scott's presentation, I was equally impressed with the questions that were asked by those that attended and by the level of professionalism after the meeting where Scott and ANJRPC's attorney Dan Schmutter spent quite a bit of time meeting and talking to everyone and answering more questions.

Lets clarify, 10 to 20 years to reverse all the damage, not 10 to 20 to have significant wins in this state. I honestly believe the turnout is indicitive of the defeatist attitude prevalent here in NJ on gun rights topics. This is what needs to change. We have the ear of even the middle of the road anti's, its time to be heard and expose the true silent majority.