Sign in to follow this  
deviated rationality

NJ ZED Mission Statement

I've been trying to locate information on ZED for a while, and get most of my information from Krdshrk. That said, there isn't a whole lot about ZED at all. So, I think we (or rather, full members since I have yet to meet with you all) should have some sort of Mission Statement that tells people what ZED is about, what we like to do, and other things like that. I know this is a fun group and not to serious, but I like the idea and think it has a lot of potential as a group of friends that can have a lot of fun and go shooting or get together for events of our own.

Here is a list of suggestions if you guys do the MS:

- ZED: what does it stand for? Zombie Elimination Detail I assume?

- How do you get into ZED? Is there a sign up or requirement list?

- How often do you get together?

- Where do you get together?

- What chapters are there?

- Who is leading ZED and each of its chapters?

- Resources for equipment to slay those soulless heathens?

- What reading material is awesome (Max brooks, Richard Matheson, ect)

- How do you get promotions (if there are any)

- How do you get to become part of the leadership?

• Like 1

Zombie Extermination Division, thank you very much

leadership seems self appointed (or self-annointed in Ray's case hehehehe)

the groups just fall in together, maaaaaaan... it's kinda free spirited....

kinda like zombie killing hippies with guns.

no need for official registrations.

there's North, Central & South "commands"

read through the "Zombie Apocalypse" thread... that's how it all started...

Good idea, you fall under Medic Yeti as far as location. I think you should assume some sort of Divisional HQ position. Put together a command and control structure between North, Mid and South. Go S2 if you will. BBK will act as my liason for this. The northern guys will need a hand getting this together. :icon_e_biggrin:

Free spirited I get, and reading through that thread may answer the questions I had, but its a lot to read and it would be MUCH easier to just have them all answered in one post instead of trying to search through all of the other posts which wont answer it. Just trying to make things easier for those who are interested to join in on the fun.

Having these things would definitely help stream line organization for events and get togethers for even more hippie action wink.gif

I think it is important to note that this started as, and still is for the most part, a fun-group-thing that turned from a runt into a multi-headed beast. Still, DR has a point that we could organize this a bit better then having everyone read through 60 pages of madness (though that's still a good place to start) :icon_lol:.

We all know zombies are a metaphor, and a fun, less-than-serious method of being prepared individually, as smaller units (families and close friends), and maybe as communities. But I think there could be real application of this group. In this age, social networking is "high speed," and oft forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc, are used as tools for sending out lightning fast messages. While I'm not saying there is impending doom looming in the distance (that's the last message I would want this group to give), I do believe that there are incidents of all types (natural, man-made, small or big) where people would benefit from having a centralized resource. My town had the "On Watch" program, where the PD would send out emails/texts to give warning of incidents that might disrupt our daily lives (people had to sign up and be somewhat vetted). While I don't believe that sort of access is necessary, having a streamlined chain of people that could be relied upon, and forum space (this sub-forum) utilized in an organized manner would have its benefits.

Using the designators: S1 (admin), S2 (intel), S3 (ops), S4 (logistics) might be a logical way of organizing the group from within-- or, from a lesser degree, giving the groups a track to follow. I don't want the group to be para-military at its core, I think its the wrong direction and message. I think we can keep it community-friendly with some para-military elements, just have to be aware of where that line is though.

So, the easiest way to break it down is:

North: Ray Ray is your point of contact ( http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18669-registration-for-zed/ )

Central: tbtrout " " ( http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18671-central-registration-for-zed/ )

South: MedicYeti " " ( http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18813-zed-south-team-check-in-here/ )

Within the specific threads (as noted above), groups can break down roles, etc. I say go with consensus, don't really need any organized manner of doing so.

If there is enough support for these ideas (and of course there is plenty of room to add your own ideas), I can see if we can put up a sticky that outlines specifics (such as "leadership" roles, points of contact, etc) as a centralized source.

How far and/or serious this is taken is up to the discretion of the people involved. I believe we'll keep this as light-hearted as possible, but with some organization we can use this to benefit as well. That benefit being meet ups at ranges or courses, or just going out for a couple drinks. The other benefit could be during say the last storms, we pass word on severe weather threats-- as well as other situations.

**Mind you all, I don't want there to be segregation though between this sub-forum and the larger forum. If that happens, I will see to it that this idea is dissolved in any official capacity. The last thing we need is to divide amongst ourselves over something like this.

For further explanation of the designators used above:

S1: The administrative portion. Handles general clerk duties.

S2: Intel and security (information and personnel security-- not physical security).

S3: Operations. Compilation of data, and planning for general duties. Includes billeting.

S4: Handles the logistics of the group. Ranges from handling clothing issues to working with S3 on larger projects involving bigger/more resources.

These are generalized descriptions for those of you who aren't necessarily familiar with the breakdown. Its applied within the military, though, I'm sure businesses use the same concepts.

Add critique or whatever. Its about time we squared away this forum.

• Like 1

This is more like what I was thinking. Maybe less paramilitary but that works too. As long as we are all still having fun and we can organize for events and fun **** like that, we are in good shape. That being said, I agree with Ben and think that we should not segregate from the main forum, or even through each other. We should look at this as one group, not 3, but one group with 3 squads so to speak. Most of all, as so far has been the case, this should be about helping each other out (main forum tradition) and having fun at the same time (with safety and under ZED tradition). Either way a quick FAQ or go to for the basic info needs would only benefit NJZED.

yah, I didn't mean to make anyone read all 60+ pages of the "Zombie Apocalypse" thread... with all of Ray's ramblings... :icon_e_biggrin:

I'm down with what Ben & DP have said. I guess I'm more of an S3, being a logistics professional in my career.

+1 on not segregating.

I like the rest of the forum & the regional divisions are more for ease of organization than actual "division" - we're all one group.

Ben, you're a Mod... wanna make a "NJZED FAQ" sticky?

and also +1 on using this as "general preparedness"

I'll sleep on it...

what I still wonder and I've asked this before and thought of it to myself. If a disaster occurs (zombie or otherwise), would any of us actually come to each other's aid? how would we contact each other? Tim had mentioned that enough people know other people...

but I don't have anyone's cell #'s or anything... except for Glenn and he's not even down with the NJZED...well, he'll be out there with his AK if the zombies come, but he isn't "official"

if a disaster occurs, we won't be necessarily logging on to the forum to organize... what if it's down, or the internet is down ... I don't have one of them fancy smartphones with the interwebs on it...

alright.. sleepy time for Feliks now ... time to snore and dream of AKs ...

Ideally your SDT should be people you know, are close friends with, and share the same ideals as yourself. They need not be in ZED or NJGF at all. ZED is a great way to expand what people know of survival preparedness, and each of our members can benefit greatly from it. Over the next week I will be posting up articles about SDT's and other survival topics.

As far as SDTs that are from ZED or NJGF, this is why we need to organize. When we figure out who is in and where they are it will be much easier to form solid planning and friendships where we know that if something goes down, we can depend on each other if we need to.

DT - preparedness info I'm always thankful for! and I'm down to organize to offer assistance in dire situations...

pardon my ignorance - "SDT"? which acronym do you mean?

DT? DP? haha. Its DR. Although DP might work too :D

SDT = Im dyslexic when Im waking up. Should have been DST (Disaster Survival Team)

DST:

Basically it is a small team, either of friends or family, and in different echelons (immediate family, neighbors, nuclear family, ZED, ect.) that you choose the priority to, since these would be the people you work with. You have to consider things like resources, locations, travel routes, skills, health concerns, number (more numbers = disappearing resources, less numbers = easy target) and SHTF planning.

In short, you have to build a hierarchy of people you can trust, then break down the resources and intel on everyone and place you have in your plan, and then figure out communication. One thing I stress is that you should not *rely* on technology ever. Use it where *needed* but not rely on it.

You can call a DST anything you want, but that is when my DST called in down in NC. Maybe we should work on a new title?

why the hell would we ever SEGREGATE ourselves from the board??? for christs sake we arent 13 year olds forming a 'no homers club'. if anything, 'we', as in the ZED members, would want MORE people to know and join in.

sigh.......anyway.......

reading books such as: zombie survival guide, world war Z, armageddon: day by day vol 1& 2, ex-heros, zombie combat manual, etc will give you an idea of what the world could be like after said outbreak, and put you in the zombie SHTF mindset.

there has yet to be any kind of 'meetup', other then an attempt at tsafa's zombie range.

I'll sleep on it...

what I still wonder and I've asked this before and thought of it to myself. If a disaster occurs (zombie or otherwise), would any of us actually come to each other's aid? how would we contact each other? Tim had mentioned that enough people know other people...

but I don't have anyone's cell #'s or anything... except for Glenn and he's not even down with the NJZED...well, he'll be out there with his AK if the zombies come, but he isn't "official"

if a disaster occurs, we won't be necessarily logging on to the forum to organize... what if it's down, or the internet is down ... I don't have one of them fancy smartphones with the interwebs on it...

alright.. sleepy time for Feliks now ... time to snore and dream of AKs ...

whats going on bro's LtCol.Dark from the P.A.Z.R.T Sector 3.1 1st Special Forces Bn - NEPA 1st Regiment militia. had to chime in on the coms issue,up here we go we go buy sectors about6-10 counties in a sector and each sector has a number.and each sector number breaks down to the channel number on a cb radio thats the most basic system we have to date.... also every team should have a bop and a bos. bug out plane-where to meet what to grab and a bos.bug out spot- where to go.and i run my team very tight up here we are an organization branched from an online forum we have a chain of command a dues system for gear,vehicles and recruitment. and one of our key requirements is commitment we have monthly meetings and weekly phone and chat meetings but since we are a family structure,we usually talk on a daily bases.. if you cant trust the guys you rely on to have you back when the shft comes your **** out of luck.check out my profile and format for my team-http://www.myspace.com/pazrtsec31stsfbatt. and the NJ section of pazrt.com in international/national groups seciton...jan 1 is the start of many things to come with the ZRT NEW WORLD ORDER. stay tuned

post-2588-0-21175600-1291755651_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this