Shane45

Noveske Single point sling adapter

Well, got the single point sling adapter plate in today. Pushed the staking back spun the castle nut and popped the stock off. Put the plate in and reassembled. Nice piece of kit. I like having the option of going single point BUT I do not like the way the rifle lays in single point mode. It points straight down. I dont like that. Makes me feel if I had to drop to a knee or pick something up Im going to drop the muzzle right into the dirt of whatever im standing on. In two point mode at least it hangs at an angle. Also because the rifle is a little on the porky side, the weight feels better distributed. I think about the only time I could see going single point is if I was in some type of MOUT scenario where I might be transitioning from right to left and back again often.

180467.jpg

pic courtesy of Midway USA.

I have the DD version of this on one of my ARs... a little bit different, but same overall effect. Makes shoulder transitions with a single point very easy and works equally well for 2-point set ups. Kind of the nice thing about the Mapgul MS2... the best of both worlds. I ran one at the last MDTS class I attended and I would use it in 2-point mode between relays and single point when up on the line. As much as I want to use a 2 point all the time, I just can't get them to work for me.

My new lower will have a Noveske QD plate... Pete talked me about of getting an ASAP, ha. The only thing I don't like about Noveske QD plates specifically with Magpul MOE/CTR stocks is that when those stocks are fully collapsed, they will depress the QD swivel. This is not an issue if a QD swivel is installed for permanent use, but it kind of detracts from the overall flexibility (this is all based on whether or not a person uses a stock pinned fully collapsed). So, I personally have to run the stock one pull out from the shortest to use it-- only thing that is inconvenient with the plate IMO.

I have shorter arms, and I shoot squared up-- plus I cater my setup towards move-and-shoot scenarios... hence the shorter LOP :icon_e_biggrin:

I'm thinking that even though I'll be running an MS2 in single point a lot, once the RSA comes out-- I might be running this rifle in 2pt mode primarily.

I installed this exact endplate and think it's a great mounting point for the rear position. I really prefer it over the rear stock mount for balance and handling. My only issue is that the QD swivel is constantly getting in the way when I grab the grip. I've got the QD mount in the CTR so I can always use that.