TommyRuss

Maxpedition gear, 30% off

LA Police Gear is offering a 30% discount on all Maxpedition gear. Use code MAXP30 at checkout.

Not sure if anyone else uses Maxpedition, but I love their products (and prices).

Note: LA Police Gear can sometimes be a pain in the a** to deal with, call for stock ahead of time to save yourself the hassle.

• Like 1

their bags are VERY expensive. id look somewhere else for a range type bag.

i have this, still on closeout price. cant beat it for a simple $9 bag

http://www.lapolicegear.com/moc-diplomat-pistol-case.html

i cant find it anymore, but the 'mini bug out bag' would make a nice rage bag, if you wanted something to hold more gear, rather then just a pistol.

i have a plain, black nylon bag i found somewhere years ago. couldnt have paid more then $30 for it. holds everything i need, including several pistols and ammo. you dont always have to get name brand stuff.

I LOVE Maxpedition stuff. Tough as nails, and makes the man-bag manly again. I do agree that it is a bit expensive for a range bag (even at a discounted price). Great INCH or BOB though... or day bag if you're on vacation some place where you'll be hiking around a lot.

I do have one of those LAPG "bug out bags" that I got with some order awhile back (gave it to my bro-in-law)... decent size, though felt kind of flimsy. I actually like the Bailout Bag from 5.11 as a range bag... might be kind of small though for some of you.

As others have said, the Maxped stuff, while very good, is probably too pricey for use as a range bag. LAPG has a bunch of decent options tho - most under $30 bux.

LAPG BailOut Bag

LAPG Jumbo BailOut Bag

LAPG BailOut Bag Jr.

LAPG Zombie Hunter Bag

They won't be as good as anything Maxped makes, but for putzing around the range, they're good enough.

ETA: The other thing I don't like about LAPG is that they basically steal everyone else's designs. It's not that uncommon in the "tactical clothing/accessory" industry for everyone to borrow ideas from other companies, but LAPG is ridiculously blatant about it. They've stolen just about every design feature TAD Gear has in their clothes, as well as 5.11, and now I just saw a pair of pants that look extremely similar to Vertx pants. But, sometimes, it's just hard to argue with $20 pants as opposed to $75-100 pants. Oh well.

99% of people will never use any kind of gear, maxpedition or otherwise, to its full potential. if you are actively deployed and serving, im sure youd look somewhere else for personal gear then LA police and its affiliates. in terms of quality, as long as it doesnt rip easily or the zippers break constantly, any $20 k-mart special will suit you fine for a range bag.

i have no idea where/when/who makes the range bag i have, but after stuffing it with 3 pistols and their respective cases/rugs, several hundred rounds of assorted ammo, muffs, etc. etc, nothing has ever broken or had a zipper snag/break. at most it must have weighed 50lbs.

while getting a fancy makers mark may make someone feel better, for the vast majority of consumers, its a pissing contest. this coming from someone who has a bag/flashlight fetish.

I carry a maxpedition bag EVERY day with all my stuff in it.. I have used the bag to lug a ton of ammo to the range.. out in the woods on canoe trips.. and as a carry on bag for plane trips.. I am more of a buy it once and be done with it kind of guy.. and this bag serves that role.... thanks for the discount code I may pick up a couple other pouches to attach to my main bag..

Might as well just get a range bag from Midway.

+1

I have this range bag from Midawy and love it. Plus, it's on sale until 10/31!

99% of people will never use any kind of gear, maxpedition or otherwise, to its full potential. if you are actively deployed and serving, im sure youd look somewhere else for personal gear then LA police and its affiliates. in terms of quality, as long as it doesnt rip easily or the zippers break constantly, any $20 k-mart special will suit you fine for a range bag.

I've had a lot of cheap bags break down after a year or so of use. I'd rather spend more money up front for something that will last "forever," but that's just personal preference.

Note: LA Police Gear can sometimes be a pain in the a** to deal with, call for stock ahead of time to save yourself the hassle.

this advice should be taken.. my order is 2 weeks out.. but hey to save %30.. it is well worth it..

thanks again for the info!