Shawnmoore81

My journey to a gun permit

I'd hardly call waiting 11 months and having to spend god knows how long in courtrooms and hospitals and meeting with police chiefs missing who knows how many hours of work or other plans an "inconvenience"

Social Security Number and the DMV also has a special number they assigned this guy years ago. 30 years ago when everything was on paper in filing cabinets I could understand. But that's just inexcusable in the digital age and shows incompetence on part of the investigators. The judge even said that. Notice that the NJSP had no trouble at all in determining who was the guy with a criminal record and who was not?

I'm going to ignore your first sentence, and pretend you aren't actually naive enough to think that a felon with history of drug arrests would bother applying to the local PD to buy a registered handgun. Come to think of it,if the Shawn T. Moore with a criminal record felt like obtaining a handgun, he could have done so a hell of a lot quicker than the legitimate, law abiding Shawn T. Moore. :icon_lol:

Wait, that's not funny. it's just pathetic :(

I've SEEN it happen... Plus, do some research on how many people get popped for attempting to purchase when they have a criminal record that shows up on NICS.

I'm sorry for your hardship...

What the hell is a SS# for? I guess nothing....Its not like you guys have the same #... no one has the same number... regardless if your name is the same, and you share the same BD. I have a hard time believing they gave you guys the exact same DL# too, considering your permanent residence is completely different, and you need to give them your "unique" SS#.

I'm sorry for your hardship...

What the hell is a SS# for? I guess nothing....Its not like you guys have the same #... no one has the same number... regardless if your name is the same, and you share the same BD. I have a hard time believing they gave you guys the exact same DL# too, considering your permanent residence is completely different, and you need to give them your "unique" SS#.

I believe his DL also has a "dividing number" to separate him from his "evil twin" but the local PD never bothered to check DL# or Social Security Number, only name and address (lol) and then lie and blame it on the county and give him a year-long run-around instead.

EDIT: Also not to mention, he was fingerprinted for the permit right? And the other guy has a "history of arrests" so he's been fingerprinted plenty of times too I'm sure. How did it not send up a flag that the prints for the two guys don't match?

I have a feeling the OP lives in Mayberry :icon_lol:

barney-fife.jpg