Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Shotgun scope

Ok I'm shopping for a scope for my Remington 1100 slug gun. I'm looking at the B-square mounts just for the fact that is a nice clean install. Now at cabelas b square has a mount/scope combo pack. I've never heard a thing about b-square scopes. Has anyone used them. If not I'll just buy a different scope. Just saving money is always nice

Are you talking about this? : http://tinyurl.com/2496yxv

I bought a Saddle mount for my Shotgun, it was $35. Reviewing what's out there, most of the Saddle mounts come in $30-50. My Rings were $24.

This puts that scope at $10-30. It may work just fine for you but if you intend to shoot more than a handful of slugs, that thing is going to come apart or loose zero after every shot.

Ok I'm shopping for a scope for my Remington 1100 slug gun. I'm looking at the B-square mounts just for the fact that is a nice clean install. Now at cabelas b square has a mount/scope combo pack. I've never heard a thing about b-square scopes. Has anyone used them. If not I'll just buy a different scope. Just saving money is always nice

If this is the B-Square saddle mount that you are referring to it's a real compromise. I had one on an Ithica mod 37.

I was pretty solid but I always questioned it. The BIG problem is they offer limited eye relief. I know that I was not happy with it. I finally went with a cantilever mount and the job cost me $115 plus shipping. MUCH, MUCH BETTER.

Now I can even remove the barrel with out losing zero and don't have to clean from the muzzle. Cantilever or drilling and tapping the rerciever is the way to go. You'll think you are shooting a rifle. Just one more word about eye relief. You will experience significant recoil so get it right and hug that shotgun securely.

Are you talking about this? : http://tinyurl.com/2496yxv

I bought a Saddle mount for my Shotgun, it was $35. Reviewing what's out there, most of the Saddle mounts come in $30-50. My Rings were $24.

This puts that scope at $10-30. It may work just fine for you but if you intend to shoot more than a handful of slugs, that thing is going to come apart or loose zero after every shot.

Mark- As I said mine was pretty solid and I put about 15 rds a year through it for 3 years (and I shot 1 1/4 oz Lightfields for two years). The problem is what happens when you remove the barrel and eye relief. The one in the posted pic(link) seems like they have that scope pretty far up the reciever. If that particular scope makes good eye relief that may be an economical solution.

Mark- As I said mine was pretty solid and I put about 15 rds a year through it for 3 years (and I shot 1 1/4 oz Lightfields for two years). The problem is what happens when you remove the barrel and eye relief. The one in the posted pic(link) seems like they have that scope pretty far up the reciever. If that particular scope makes good eye relief that may be an economical solution.

Well, if it works, that's great. You said "was pretty solid". Still have it? Sell it to him :icon_e_biggrin:

http://www.remington.com/products/accessories/gun-parts/scope-mounts-and-rails/shotgun-scope-mounts.aspx

Bought this mount

Now trying to figure out a way to mount without scratching the gun. This 1100 is so damn clean it just might end up in my collection as one of those guns I have just to have. I am buying another shotgun this w/e fir my hunting use.