Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJM981

Hi Viz Sight

I purchased a Hi Viz fiber optic sight for my P22 and I can't get the friggin thing on. One side goes in the I can't get the other to snap in. When I try to apply pressure evenly it eventually seesaws to one side. I tried sanding down the metal insert, but it still won't go in. Any suggestions?

I purchased a Hi Viz fiber optic sight for my P22 and I can't get the friggin thing on. One side goes in the I can't get the other to snap in. When I try to apply pressure evenly it eventually seesaws to one side. I tried sanding down the metal insert, but it still won't go in. Any suggestions?

Chris - I haven't seen a high viz but the stock sight just snaps in. There are 2 tabs on the bottom of the sight. Does the high viz look like it mounts like the stock? It sounds like there are metal tabs on it. They won't push together and snap in? Are the tabs too big for the hole?

Chris - I haven't seen a high viz but the stock sight just snaps in. There are 2 tabs on the bottom of the sight. Does the high viz look like it mounts like the stock? It sounds like there are metal tabs on it. They won't push together and snap in? Are the tabs too big for the hole?

Rick it's an oval shaped fitting. A picture is worth a thousand words so here are 3 pictures :icon_e_biggrin: The insert attached to the sight won't go in. It is supposed to be inserted then held in place by a screw.

post-1277-089061700 1290445078_thumb.jpg

post-1277-028127600 1290445084_thumb.jpg

post-1277-097795100 1290445097_thumb.jpg

Rick it's an oval shaped fitting. A picture is worth a thousand words so here are 3 pictures :icon_e_biggrin: The insert attached to the sight won't go in. It is supposed to be inserted then held in place by a screw.

OK - I see. How much bigger is the sight than the hole? If it's a close fit, fine emery cloth around the sight to get it to fit in the hole. Don't do anything to the slide itself. It's probably a close fit if it's rocking side to side when pushing in.

I think there's a P22 forum. I bet someone else has run into the same problem.

I just read that you tried sanding it down. Try a little more with emery paper. You're probably close. Do you have a set of calipers? You can measure and see how far off it is.

I don't have calipers yet. That might be another item to get on my trip to Lowe's tomorrow. The sandpaper I've been using isn't meant for metal and it shows. Lots of sanding and I'm no closer than when I started. I'll get the emery cloth tomorrow as well.

I don't have calipers yet. That might be another item to get on my trip to Lowe's tomorrow. The sandpaper I've been using isn't meant for metal and it shows. Lots of sanding and I'm no closer than when I started. I'll get the emery cloth tomorrow as well.

The calipers will show how close you are. Measure both width and length. Wood sandpaper isn't going to cut it. You can also try a very fine metal file. Take off a little at a time, you want a tight fit.

Harbor Freight in Brick has some decent digital calipers for cheap.

So after a trip to Lowes I returned with emery cloth and a pair of digital calipers. I sand, sand, sand, and sand, then sand some more. After about an hour and a half using fine paper I get it to fit. Then after tinkering with the screw they provided I get it into the hole. Oh yea here's the punch line...

How in the name of FRIG am I supposed to tighten a hex screw with that round notch there?

HI VIZ you FRIGGIN SUCK!!!!!!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

post-1277-013053400 1290929250_thumb.jpg

post-1277-069356900 1290929358_thumb.jpg

Hey Chris - Is the barrel going to fit through with that screw there? Are you sure that sight is made for a P22. It doesn't look right from the pics.

I was just cleaning my PPS and it has a recessed hole in the slide that a screw like that would fit in. I'm not saying that your sight is for a PPS, but maybe it's for a P99 or some other walther.