ronhonda

Sons of Guns TV show

There is a reason for this... Did you ever notice tactical shotguns like the Benelli M3 Super 90 and the SPAS are convertible, pump or semi-auto? There is a very good reason for this. Door loads are generally lower pressure powder rounds that have trouble cycling a semi-auto shotgun. The SPAS and Benelli are convertible to allow the gun to fire multiple powder rounds reliably when needed in pump mode. A semi-auto only door breaching entry gun could get you killed if you need to hit multiple hinges or locks if it fails to cycle reliably... So the Saiga Masterkey is a bad idea all the way around...

Is the Saiga piston-driven? If so, maybe the piston be adjusted to allow for the lighter loads?

There is a reason for this... Did you ever notice tactical shotguns like the Benelli M3 Super 90 and the SPAS are convertible, pump or semi-auto? There is a very good reason for this. Door loads are generally lower pressure powder rounds that have trouble cycling a semi-auto shotgun. The SPAS and Benelli are convertible to allow the gun to fire multiple powder rounds reliably when needed in pump mode. A semi-auto only door breaching entry gun could get you killed if you need to hit multiple hinges or locks if it fails to cycle reliably... So the Saiga Masterkey is a bad idea all the way around...

Every breeching round Ive shot has been either Buckshot, or the Sintered slugs..none of them have been low-powered. I actually HAD a Spas-12, one of the most horrible shotguns I ever owned, in "pump Mode" it was like 20 miles of rutted gravel road..made the Mossbergs my department has actually feel Smooth. the M-3 "Convertible" was specific for low powered Less-Lethal loads such as Beanbag, Gas, Baton and Rubber Buck, NOT breaching rounds.

Every breeching round Ive shot has been either Buckshot, or the Sintered slugs..none of them have been low-powered. I actually HAD a Spas-12, one of the most horrible shotguns I ever owned, in "pump Mode" it was like 20 miles of rutted gravel road..made the Mossbergs my department has actually feel Smooth. the M-3 "Convertible" was specific for low powered Less-Lethal loads such as Beanbag, Gas, Baton and Rubber Buck, NOT breaching rounds.

Wow, so much for worrying about what is on the other side of the door...

These are what I am talking about:

DoD BREACHING ROUND

USDoDDoorBreachingRound.jpg

THE US DoD BREACHING ROUND is designed to defeat door locks and hinges. Specifically designed for personnel who have the responsibility to perform shotgun breaching, it is fired four (4) to eight (8) inches from the target. At impact, the metal powder filled projectile cup disintegrates, dissipating its entire energy on the target, providing access through doors by the removal of door locks or hinges through kinetic energy impact.

They will not cycle a semi-auto reliably... Oh yeah, and they won't shred anyone that happens to be on the other side of the door...