Shane45

How would you really engage multiple targets?

Its not a matter of taking the bullet square, its a matter of that stance being the most efficient in getting what you need to get done (which is to shoot and move). That strong stance has to do with having a strong core (which any athlete can understand why its so important), and not necessarily taking a shot. Ever try running a race with weight shifted dramatically to one side or crab-running/walking? Truth is that unless you're made out of something harder then the bullets, they aren't going to deflect off (bone doesn't count, as it has already penetrated).

Of course squaring up against a punch isn't recommended, as physics dictate that the body is capable of deflecting the transferred energy (like most martial arts); however, as noted, bullets won't deflect.

Just think about it. Stand up and turn side ways. Then try to run in a straight line (that zig-zag/serpentine stuff is a joke), and tell me how stable of a position that is-- a lot of people would probably be tripping over them self.

I imagine it comes down to how you were trained, taking into account one was. I've seen the full cycle from FBI to bladed and back to FBI. As a righty if I was moving to my right I'd be square and moving to my left bladed. I'd say whatever is comfortable...but then again when the SHTF, who knows. Good points sir.

USPSA or IDPA may not be the BEST training, but it CERTAINLY is much better than just practicing static shooting. USPSA or IDPA give you experience in moving and engaging targets, quick reloads, switching from target to target, and having an actual objective other than punching paper.

and start rapid blindfiring in the general direction of the baddies and probably so will they.

Yea if this is how you would react.....then PLEASE don't ever carry a gun. That is one of the stupidest things you could ever do.

• Like 1

Yea if this is how you would react.....

Unfortunately, nobody knows how he or she will react in a life or death situation. I am sure we all would like to think of ourselves rising to the challenge and being a hero. And nobody wants to face the possibility that he could turn out to be a weak in the knees coward. But whether you acknowledge it or not, that possibility always exists