jcerillo70

To build or not to build? What benifits me

Everything adds up pretty quickly.....and I don't think you will be able to build this under your $650 price range. In order to get to the range and shoot, you should probably figure ~$900 minimum after any other tools you need, mags, buffer tube, stock, ammo, a cheap case.....and if you are a new shooter you will need eyes, ears, cleaning supplies, targets, and posts for targets. In order to shoot....you need much more than just the gun. It also looks like that upper comes with a front sight, but no rear sight. Trust me.....you will end up spending more than $650 unless you buy a used one.

I would love to build an AR, and would start saving up for it today......but I have a hard time justifying the amount of money for a pinned stock and 15 round mags. If my freedoms are ever reinstated, I will be building an AR pretty damn quick.

I would love to build an AR, and would start saving up for it today......but I have a hard time justifying the amount of money for a pinned stock and 15 round mags. If my freedoms are ever reinstated, I will be building an AR pretty damn quick.

Don't let that be the reason for not getting an AR. There are plenty of good looking guns that even though they don't have a 30 round magazine or a collapsible stock.

Even with the restrictions there are options out there that still look good and function just as good.

Don't let that be the reason for not getting an AR. There are plenty of good looking guns that even though they don't have a 30 round magazine or a collapsible stock.

Even with the restrictions there are options out there that still look good and function just as good.

I just have a hard time being okay with ruining perfectly good mags and a stock to comply with BS laws. I will wait and hope that the restrictions lift.

The mags don't deter me as much as the stock does. My girlfriend has shorter arms, and a fully extended stock wouldn't work for her when she goes shooting with me. Having a collapsible stock would eliminate that problem.

I just have a hard time being okay with ruining perfectly good mags and a stock to comply with BS laws. I will wait and hope that the restrictions lift.

The mags don't deter me as much as the stock does. My girlfriend has shorter arms, and a fully extended stock wouldn't work for her when she goes shooting with me. Having a collapsible stock would eliminate that problem.

Don't bet on those restrictions being lifted anytime soon. As far as your girlfriend having shorter arms, buy 2 guns!

This thing is beautiful... And has everything i asked for. This is a little above the upper budget, i wonder if there are any a little less?

I have had good dealing with the guys down at Spikes Tactical. They make a good product in my opinion.

Only a few days left !!!!

I just order my upper from Del-tron today at 11:30am

Here's my specs

•  
  • 16" Mid-Length Custom Upper
  • [16 Custom Upper -ML Barrel:DTI 16" 1x7 Mid-Length Chrome Lined Heavy Barrel]
  • [Custom Upper -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier]
  • [16 Custom Upper -ML Handguards:Mid-Length Handguard with Heat Shields]
  • [Custom Upper -Gas Block:A2 Front Sight - No Bayonet Lug]
  • [Custom Upper -Flash Hider:Phantom Aggressive End Comp/Brake- Pinned & Welded]
  • [Custom Upper -Upper:Flat Top Upper with M4 Feed Ramps]
  • [Custom Upper -Charging Handle:Standard Charging Handle]
  • [Custom Upper -Carrying Handle:None]

$520 Shipped

I wonder how long its going to take?

If you ordered on the 28th, it's been a little over a week so relax! It'll get to you soon enough.

Update us on how everything goes, and how Del-ton does. I've heard great things about them and their products, and I might be ordering something from them in the near future so I wanna know how it went.

Dude i waited almost a month for my RRA to be built. Some of these place only have lowers ready to ship, the rest they need to build by order. However, they do explicitly state on there web site the wait time for an order depending on what you ordered. Dunno about del-ton tho, some places you can order a complete upper wait a month, same place- order a complete rifle and you get it in a week.