mipafox

Allentown Gun Show - Roadway Inn (Days Inn)

Probably the best show in the Lehigh Valley. It is smaller than Forks of the Delaware but it is not a small show. I plan to go tomorrow but I have a last minute thing that I'm waiting on the schedule for. It's also close to Firing Line (www.pleoa.com/firingline.html).

Print out the Eagle Arms coupon before you go for $1 off admission. Free parking.

I may have just found plans for the weekend....

Edit: Do you have more information on this such as hours and address?

Yes, I do. I googled allentown roadway inn gun show and it took me to the eagle arms website. I googled eagle arms and it took me to the eagle arms website.

Go to the eagle arms website and print out the $1 coupon. I might be there tomorrow so let me know if you are going. I would be there for certain but something came up that has too many degrees of freedom at this moment. It is likely I will also be going to lunch nearby with some guys from around here and also Firing Line. But everything is up in the air at the last minute as previously mentioned.

This show is very cramped. I went last summer and it smelled like the mens locker room and you were pushing through the crowd every step of the way. Even parking was tight there!

There's always parking. You may have to walk a couple hundred yards.

It is tight sometimes. And a couple times during the summer there were people in there that smelled like they hadn't showered in weeks. One time it was cramped AND smelly. I was trying to get down an aisle but the guy in front of me smelled so bad that I gave up and turned around.

It's usually not that bad, though. That's probably 20% or less of my experiences there.

Do you have more information on this such as hours and address?

Easy to find. Just get on 309N - either from 22 or I-78 - when I-78 splits off, stay on 309. The Roadway Inn is actually on a service road that parallels 309 - you will see it first, but have to go past it to get to it. Go to the light by the Mack Dealership (which is next door to a big Ryder facility), make a right and another immediate right to go down past Mack and Ryder. Roadway Inn is at the end of the road. Have fun. I tend to agree with the "crowded", "mens locker room" comments.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My review: Good show overall, not much of ammo except 1 or 2 dealers.

Prices seems to be level off, Eagle arms had the Mosins 91/30 for $89 (their price at the last show was $125). They had few RC k98's $349 (very beat up), unissued Yugo SKS's for $350 and NEW Russian M44's for $229

Ammo prices, nothing to rave about it.

The tables are too close to each other so expect a lot of bumping actions/smelling people.

I was able to get a Finnish M39, that was marked as a Finnish 91/30 for a very good price.

Mike from Proof House Inc.(he is a dealer at the show) bought few rifles(WWII snipers) from an estate, so if you are on the market for some hard to find snipers(German, Swedish, Russian), he has them but expect to pay some major $$$.

Parking sucks. Lot not plowed very well.

Crowded. Stinky. Great, if you like to get pushed and bumped.

Not much to see either.

After making my way around I asked "Where's the rest of the show?" Sorry that's it sir. My first and last Rodeway Inn show.

In my very very humble opinion not worth the gas or 6 bucks entry with coupon.

Cabela's was also crowded with an estimated 4 hour wait for NICs don't know how accurate that is but, there were at least a hundred people in line.

I was there around 2 PM.

I did have a nice lunch at the Fogelsville Hotel though. Dinner is also very good there.

YMMV!

If anyone is planning on going tomorrow.....I would recommend staying home and watching football. There really wasn't anything special at this show, and it was by far not worth the gas/time spent. There was practically no pistol caliber ammo, and very little rifle caliber ammo. It was also VERY small.

Mike from Proof House Inc.(he is a dealer at the show) bought few rifles(WWII snipers) from an estate, so if you are on the market for some hard to find snipers(German, Swedish, Russian), he has them but expect to pay some major $$$.

What was he asking for them?

And $229 for a new Russian M44 is not bad, few guys at the Matamoras show today asking $400 - $450 for them, thought that was crazy!

There was not a lot of ammo. The big ammo dealers were not there. I found that surprising. They did have the 7.62x51 Paki ammo at reasonable prices but they sold out right away.

Dennis Todd was not there. The mag lady was not there. Lots of mags, but thin on the specialty stuff like handgun mags in non-service calibers. Nobody had ear plugs. Flashlight guy was there. Henry Smith was there and said business is getting good but I have is number. No reason to see him at the gun show excpet to say, "Hi." I didn't see a single person selling 7.62x39 cases of ammo. I only saw one person selling 5.56x45 cases and it was comblock.

There were lots of SCARs. I saw an overpriced M1 SOCOM. M1 prices were complete BS. I saw some reasonable prices on M1 carbines. I saw a nice Winchester 30-30 for less than $300, never seen that at a gun show before. I didn't even look at pistols.

Some SBR/M16 uppers. No deals on those. And no middies. Right in the front they had the Magpul front grips, and they had the middy grips in both tan and black for $35. Never seen the middy grips before.

My buddy from NJ came with almost no ammo. So he picked up some WWB at only $2 above Walmart price. First time I've ever seen WWB ammo at a gun show (or anywhere) so close to Walmart price. Then we went to Firing Line and smoked everybody out with full auto. My buddy from NJ did damn good with the 1911 even though he never shoots anymore. On the way back we stopped at Walmart to resupply him with ammo.

I saw those $125 Mosins. Let's face it, the $60 days are over. Plus, some people actually hunt with these in PA, if you can believe that. There is demand now, and I guess they figure any gun must be worth at least $100.

Good day, mediocre show at best. But the prices are finally right again on some stuff. I would not travel from the NJ shore to see this show this time unless it's just for something to do.

I did not detect any smelly guys this times. So we all know what that means, it must have been me ;)

I didnt go but had 2 phone calls from freinds one picked up a M44 and a M38 for 100 bucks each and a 2nd freind picked me up a exdragoon 1931 tula matching numbers with a D stamp on the receiver so that should make it a Finn $60.00 :icon_e_biggrin: .

That was at Matamoras not Allentown Ted. :p

Now you have me thinking !!!!!

Matamoras or Allentown Keith was at one of them :facepalm:

Matamoras - I saw the two Mosins he got, the M38 was sporterized and the M44 was original but the stock was a little beat up, but for that price, how can you go wrong?

I saw the other Mosin Jim picked up for you and thought "that's a Ted special". It looked rather rough on the outside, was it complete? what was the bore like?

Matamoras - I saw the two Mosins he got, the M38 was sporterized and the M44 was original but the stock was a little beat up, but for that price, how can you go wrong?

I saw the other Mosin Jim picked up for you and thought "that's a Ted special". It looked rather rough on the outside, was it complete? what was the bore like?

complete ! matching numbers 1931 tula, exdragoon D stamp (Finn) bore dirty, dark, pitting, but nice rifling.

2nd round of bore scrubber and its cleaning up nice

What was he asking for them?

And $229 for a new Russian M44 is not bad, few guys at the Matamoras show today asking $400 - $450 for them, thought that was crazy!

He had an original M96 with a scope for $1500, a sniper k98 for $2700+

I was able to pick up from him also a bringback k98(all matching) and an early sino soviet sks(no import markings)

There were few deals at the show if you know you r stuff.

I saw a NIB Yugo M59 for $225, Finn 91/30 for $100(the seller didnt know what he had), few M39 for low $200's, a M28/30 and Mosin M27 for $225( both marked as M39's)

a k98 .22 trainer for $175, russian sks for $250 and the same(from the Lebanon gun show) NIB Arsenal Legion Saiga for $399(7x62x39).

Just take your time whan you are the show. The best deals can be found at new/small dealers/private people have tables. Most of the dealers at the show will do the transfer for you for $15-$20 (make sure you have extra copies of COE)