Nick T

Help with a Cheap .22

As the title states that's what Im looking for. Before anything this gun will primarily been used on the range as a cheap target plinker, and despite what others think I feel a .22 rifle is a perfect SHTF rifle. Would prefer bolt, lever, or pump... Anyone point me in the right direction... Or even better have one collecting dust in their collection lol.

I have a beat to hell Marlin 39a, I think a late 40's vintage, that I have no interest in owning. I also have no idea what a beat up, but functional, 39a is worth. It was a truck gun for years and shows pitting and rust and dents and scratches.

If you want, I can do some research on its worth?

I have a beat to hell Marlin 39a, I think a late 40's vintage, that I have no interest in owning. I also have no idea what a beat up, but functional, 39a is worth. It was a truck gun for years and shows pitting and rust and dents and scratches.

If he does not want the marlin, let me know please.

You can occasionally find Romanian Training Rifles for less then 100. They are accurate and fun little bolt guns that can take a beating. They aren't the prettiest but they are fun.

Yea I wouldn't mind an MDL69 but you can rarely find them

Well, I looked on gunbroker and there is a beat to hell Marlin 39a up for auction that looks to be in similar condition. It has less pitting, but more rust.

It is here

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=213252972

I guess we will see what the auction ends at. I think that would give a reasonable guess as to my gun's value.

I will try to post pics of mine within a few days in a proper WTS posting.

Also, my 39a looks to be a 1962 vintage, not 1940s.

I have a Golden 39A myself, it was a graduation gift when I got our of high school so it's not that old but still a 1983 production. The one I grew up shooting prior to that one was a 1958 production my father had. He also had a 3030 that I think was from the same period. All of them are in oerfect condtion amd mine is used weekly and I usually put between 100-200 rounds though it. Very nive and accurate rilfe and hope to pass all of them down to my daughter so they stay in the family.

Harry

Well, I looked on gunbroker and there is a beat to hell Marlin 39a up for auction that looks to be in similar condition. It has less pitting, but more rust.

It is here

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=213252972

I guess we will see what the auction ends at. I think that would give a reasonable guess as to my gun's value.

I will try to post pics of mine within a few days in a proper WTS posting.

Also, my 39a looks to be a 1962 vintage, not 1940s.

I had a better printed list for year and model numbers but can't fid it or where I got it from in the first place but I did find this.

http://armscollectors.com/sn/marlinlookup.php

Harry