Sign in to follow this  
rifleman

MK II question

I will never make a safety assessment on the net. But, I would just install the sight and shoot it. I bet you don't see any performance issues.

I would agree with that. If you can, deburr the hole inside of the barrel. You could probably just run a brass brush through there until it's completely smooth.

If it were me, after one round, I'd take the barrel off again and see if there is any issue. I don't believe it'd stop the bullet but you want to be sure there's not a big chunk left in there. If there is no burring intruding into the chamber, it's not really any different than a porting.

As Frank said, there's no way to assure it is safe.

I know it's common sense, but be sure to wear good eye protection, gloves, and a ball cap just in case.... :icon_eek:

heavy winter jacket with a few extra T-shirts wouldn't hurt either. I really can't see how it'd blow up, but if it does, you want a barrier between you and any shrapnel.

heavy winter jacket with a few extra T-shirts wouldn't hurt either. I really can't see how it'd blow up, but if it does, you want a barrier between you and any shrapnel.

Guys, Guys Guys!!!!!!!!

Next you'll be telling him to tie it in the crotch of a tree and pull the trigger with a string... :thsmiley_deadhorse:

Exersize normal shooting prcaution. Make sure their are no obstructions in the barrel and go to town.

Bring it to me...I'll shoot it.

Prior to shooting clean the crown of the muzzle. After a few rounds(clear the weapon of course)inspect the crown to see if there is a nice concentric powder residue mark.

Enjoy!