Downr@nge

Has anyone here ever shot the Sig P226 AND the Sig SP2022?

Ok... SIGs are very subjective. Here is my take and you can have it for free because it is technically worthless.

SIG triggers are crap. But, if you like them, you like them. The mechanism uses a ton of tension in the spring hammer, so much so that it seems to make the entire gun tighten up. So to my hands, when the release point happens, it almost feels as if the entire frame releases within the slide. I personally find myself pulling shots to the left because I think with SIGs I use to much pressure pulling the trigger, being a lefty I pull shots left. They seem to be a touch trigger, like a 20' down hill bending putt at Augusta National.

That being said... The 2022 trigger and it's predecessor 2009 Pro both have better triggers then the steel SIGs, they seem lighter and have less SPROING to them! I think you will be very happy with the 2022.

• Like 1

I have shot quite a few sigs, including the polymers.

To tell you the truth, I don't really remember the trigger in the sp2022 or the sp2009 that I have shot. I recall it was nothing to complain about, but did not leave an amazing impression either. It was on par to the Sig 226 da/sa that I have shot. Unlike Axeman, I actually like the triggers on the Sigs... that sproing is pretty nice with them, in a steel gun. I think the trigger works better with a metal gun over the wonder-plastic.

For the money I would go with a used 226/229/228, unless you are paying sub 400 for a 2022/2009.

The gun itself, 2009/2022 is accurate and a good gun, it just wasn't an instant case of signess.

Hopefully that helps.

I have to agree with Maks. I have shot the polymers and have a couple of Sigs myself.

The triggers on the older german guns are far better than the ones today, but with some firing the triggers get better.

I have action jobs on mine but still have a few stock triggers and I don't have the issue Ax does. I prefer the metal over the polymers.

@ bry@n... Hey.. to be honest, nobody and I mean nobody has the issues I do. :icon_e_biggrin:

Like I said... SIGs are very subjective. I have owned many (226, 228, 220 and a P6) and just recently came to the realization I dont like the trigger.

Ax,

I hope I didn't sound like pro sig and you had no idea. That wasn't my intention.

I actually like the trigger and it's almost what I use as a bench mark. Have you tried there DAO's or DAK's?

Bry@n... first dont ever think I get offended on the web. Typing is a horrible medium to express feelings. It's all good and I dont take offense.

I have tried their other triggers, but I have never owned one of them. I will admit to trying Tactical Monkey's 226 the other day and that was a decent trigger, they just dont work for me which pisses me off because I like their quality alot. My last one a 220 was a total shame, so disapointed.

But just to show you how freakin wrong I am about everything... I like glocks. Talk about a bad trigger.

I own a number of Sigs, including a German SP2022 (9mm), four P226s (SA/DA, DAK, Sig SRT conversion, and a Grey Guns work-over), and will be picking up an American SP2022 (.357sig/.40S&W barrel) next week. Out of the box, my German SP2022 is the best Sig production trigger of any Sig I have shot. Because it's a fire control unit (FCU), it's supposed to be incredibly consistent in feel from gun to gun. I have shot 5 SP2022s - German and German-American variants, and I can tell you it does feel identical in these. PM me after next weekend if you want to know if I think the all-American SP2022 feels the same or not. The absolute best trigger on a P226 for me is Bruce's, and it's superior to the SP2022, but this isn't any kind of comparison because I paid $369 for my proofed German SP2022, and have 3x that in the Grey Guns modified P226.