Ray Ray

TLR-1 WOW!

No :) hold on - let me find a video cuz I'm apparently doing a piss poor job of explaining

I thought you had the regular model. I didn't want the TLR-1s cause i didn't think strobe was important but Nicks post about the output has me thinking.

Yeah, all my TLR-1 lights (I have 3 :icon_mrgreen: ) are the regular non-strobe version - which is probably why I'm explaining it so badly

Go to 1:45 for a demo of how the strobe works.

135 vs 160 isn't enough of a difference for me to get the strobe version. I'm perfectly happy with 80-100 lumens inside the house.. anything more than that is just a bonus. The biggest problem I'm finding right now is that the strobe version is cheaper than the non-strobe version, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a TLR-1s eventually just to save a few bux on my next light. Either way, you don't have to use the strobe feature if you don't want it.

Strobe is effing blinding on the 1S. I wanted to really see how bright it was so I stood in my living room with the lights off for a couple minutes, then had my friend turn on strobe from about 10-15feet away and I saw spots for about 45mins after.

It is a nice extra feature but I got the 1S over the 1 just because I wanted the extra lumens/output of the light itself. I can't compare it to the regular 1, but it sure is bright as hell.

No I'm still trying to find a Px4 holster that accomodates a weapon light. Safariland has one but its' expensive and it's more of a duty holster. Might try a Raven.

Lucky. I haven't been able to find any holsters that will fit my SR9 with the light.

After watching that video, I think I'll stick the the plain-jane TLR-1.

VJ, let us know what you decide for a light. Although that Veridian would look hot! Not to mention it comes with a holster too.

VJ, let us know what you decide for a light. Although that Veridian would look hot! Not to mention it comes with a holster too.

It does look nice, but Viridian has some laser/light combos that I would probably go with instead. I'm working on a couple other projects right now though, just got all the parts in for my Saiga, then building an AR. These will be taking up my funds for a while. :icon_e_wink: