ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 2/27/11

Stage didn't suck, the shooters did. I count myself among them. NONE of those shouts should have been hard to get Cs or better on, yet somehow we made it so.

True true. I was shooting low all day. Not sure why. Maybe it was the additional weight on my head with the camera. But yeah - I only said it sucked because I performed horribly on it ;)

Stage didn't suck, the shooters did. I count myself among them. NONE of those shouts should have been hard to get Cs or better on, yet somehow we made it so.

Being familliar with the pit, it's about 30 yards to the end of the berm. If you were at the front of the box, you were probably between 26-28 as a rough guess.

BAH! Sacrilege! Ok, it did suck some. I share an office with the designer (I did pit 7 at the 3 gun), and we discussed it in depth after the fact. In retrospect forcing brokeback proone both strong side and weak side was probably a bad idea and it would have been better to make a single really low port facing the back berm with constrained space that would have forced an uncomfortable position at the end, but not a transition form side to side. Also, when we found more braces just before the match started, we should have taken the time to brace the walss for the starting port better.

raz-o,

the stage that you and your partner made SUCKED.

Other than that it was fine.

I know the intent was to simulate firing underneath an automobile. But I wish you chose an SUV for your inspiration and not a Lamborghini.

I looked like a weeble-wooble trying to shoot it with an AR.

True true. I was shooting low all day. Not sure why. Maybe it was the additional weight on my head with the camera. But yeah - I only said it sucked because I performed horribly on it ;)

Were you using an old betamax?

Nah - ContourHD 1080p. It still adds a bit of weight to 1 side of the head though.

I used to make videos with a head cam. At one point I noticed that it was messing with my concentration at just the wrong time. Its just one extra thing you are thinking about as the buzzer is about to go - "did I turn on my camera?" I noticed that I shot better when I was not worrying about that or about reminding a friend to video me from the side. Videos are fun and in some sense can be a training tool. But they are also a distraction.