Sign in to follow this  
axeman_g

Rem 597 @ Dicks

All,

Since I will not able to get my GSG to really work for the Appleseed shoots this spring, I thought I better reacquire a .22lr rifle. I was thinking 10/22, but I never really liked them. So I went to Dicks to look at them and while perusing I noticed that they had a Rem 597 in OD Green on sale for $149! That's a great price for a quality 22 semi. Then I realized it comes with a BSA Red Dot. Ok... deal got better. Then there is a little sign off to the side. Remington firearms are getting rebates... the 597 gets a $25 rebate direct from Remington.

This was at the Cherry Hill Dicks and was there only one. I would call around and see if they had the same deal on a OD Green 597 with BSA Red Dot.

Wrap it up... by the way it actually rang up $134! Minus the rebate... $109 for a Rem 597 in OD Green with a cheap BSA Red Dot.

Add a pair of QD Sling Mounts, a Mil Sling, Tech sites... your still under $200!!!

@px4 .. sorry man I thought the GSG would suffice, but it falls short. Had to get another.

By the way, the Red Dot needed a picatiny rail to mount. It is a Dicks throw in, not remington, which I did not know until I called Remington to ask for a rail. Instead of the rail, which they suggested I acquire from Midway, they CS rep asked if I needed anything else. I said I would go ahead and order 3 mags.... he sent them free of charge. Nice doin business with you Remington.

Nothing... i am just an old man and need better sights in my declining years. I want to shoot irons at the Appleseed shoot and the GSG is just not precise enough for me.

I LOVE the GSG. It is absolutely the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

By the way here is a little range report on the 597 with TechSite.

It is perfect. I shot 100rds of CCI MiniMags and about 50 Fed Bulk. No FTF or FTEs.

Put a 9" paper plate with a 2" black dot in the middle and a 10m air gun target with 4 3" circles at 25yards.

First shot on the paper plate was to see if I was even close to paper. The shot was 4 inches high and dead center. Cranked the sights down about 32 clicks and bingo. Did not move them again. I wish I had taken a camera. 18 shots in a quarter hole. I then proceeded to just tear the target middles up. When I switched to the Feds there was a noticeable difference in accuracy side to side. They were perfect in elevation, same POI as the MiniMags, but they were left and right spread out to about 2". Curious as to why?

But I had a great time and was able to see the targets real well with the Techsites. My friend was there with his stock 597 and you could really tell the difference. The stock sites with the white dot front is just not fine enough at distance and blurs out with light colored backgrounds. I could not shoot half was well with the stock sights and when my friend tried mine he instanly googled Techsites.

I can not wait till the Appleseed shoot in April.