Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

S&w M&p-15

I have the MP15 OR compliant model, and am very happy with it.

It came with everything I wanted, all the correct chromed parts, quality build.

I hate having a non-moving movable stock, so switched it to an a2, then magpul'd the grip and front. I mostly use it at 100 yards, so it has a 3-9x scope (I liked how this model did not have a gas block front sight). I also put a JP Enterprises sight mounted on a DD 1-oclock mount for close up. I feel I did very well for my first AR.

I have the M&P15T(F). This is the one that comes w/ the Troy rail and Troy flip up front and rear sights. I've since added a Magpul MOE grip, Magpul curved trigger guard, VLTor fixed A1 length rifle stock w/ rifle length buffer tube and spring and had the trigger worked by Bill Richardson.

I also have a Bushmaster 16" A3 carbine that was purchased 2 wks before 911.

The M&P feels more quality over the Bushmaster. When the bolt is cycled on the M&P it is very smooth. On the Bushmaster it is gritty. Each rifle has about 1500 rounds on it. Also, the M&P seems to be a little more accurate than the Bushy. My only grip on the M&P is the barrel in that it's 1/9 vs. 1/7 twist. If you can live w/ the 1/9 twist, I think it's the best offering before you get to true mil-spec rifles like BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense, KAC, LMT, etc. Also, I believe the Bolt Carrier Group is made by LMT, maker of true mil-spec BCG's. Of the Armalite, Bushmaster, Stag, Rock River, group of rifles, I'd go for the S&W over these.

BTW, my next rifle is a custom build using either BCM or Centurian Arms components.

I have the M&P15T(F). This is the one that comes w/ the Troy rail and Troy flip up front and rear sights. I've since added a Magpul MOE grip, Magpul curved trigger guard, VLTor fixed A1 length rifle stock w/ rifle length buffer tube and spring and had the trigger worked by Bill Richardson.

I also have a Bushmaster 16" A3 carbine that was purchased 2 wks before 911.

The M&P feels more quality over the Bushmaster. When the bolt is cycled on the M&P it is very smooth. On the Bushmaster it is gritty. Each rifle has about 1500 rounds on it. Also, the M&P seems to be a little more accurate than the Bushy. My only grip on the M&P is the barrel in that it's 1/9 vs. 1/7 twist. If you can live w/ the 1/9 twist, I think it's the best offering before you get to true mil-spec rifles like BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense, KAC, LMT, etc. Also, I believe the Bolt Carrier Group is made by LMT, maker of true mil-spec BCG's. Of the Armalite, Bushmaster, Stag, Rock River, group of rifles, I'd go for the S&W over these.

BTW, my next rifle is a custom build using either BCM or Centurian Arms components.

care to post pics of your rifle with the vltor A1 stock?

i'm in the process of assembling one and that's the stock I ended up with... just waiting on my upper.

don't see too many with this stock...