Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

Taurus 24/7 and Millenum Pro series

I'm looking at these on their website but there are so many models it's hard to narrow it down. I want a 45acp striker fired Semi Auto but hard to handle one anywhere. Anyone have one and what are your thoughts?

Why not look at a glock 21 or FNP-45?

I'm not the biggest taurus fan...

Glock 21, not a fan. FNP-45, not a fan either. I am a fan of the XD and I like the feel of the M&P45 but I already own one XD45 and I don't like the trigger feel on the M&P.

I figured Taurus has done me well so far. I personally am 2 for 2 and my mom bought one used and it is an excellent gun as well. Haven't fired one of their semi's though, so it's been something I've been wanting to shoot.

Ray I have a pt145 pro that I bought from pk90 a few years ago. I love it it's fun to shoot, not a ton of recoil, accurate (I'm not the best shot and do very well with thi pistol). never had any problems with it except it shoots low but that's more learning the pistol and how it shoots.

I picked up a 24/7 .40 about 2 months ago and love it. I have about 300 rds through so far and no jams. Even the fiance likes shooting it as the recoil isn't too bad. I'll put a pic up when I can.

Always wwanted a 24/7 but for some reason never got one. Would be interested to see how the gun is after 3,000 or 5,000 rounds. 300 is just too small a sample, even though most guns are not fires more than 500 rounds in their lifetime.

Always wwanted a 24/7 but for some reason never got one. Would be interested to see how the gun is after 3,000 or 5,000 rounds. 300 is just too small a sample, even though most guns are not fires more than 500 rounds in their lifetime.

I thought the same thing, hence this thread. Your last comment has me thinking though, most guns problably don't see 500 rounds in their lifetimes but that is taking into account every gun sold. My dad has revolvers that have NEVER been shot, and I know co-workers who have firearms sitting that have a box or two of ammo and thats it. Funny thing is that I might shoot 250 rounds at a single event.

Hey Ray Ray check out the Taurus Armed forums here is the link. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.phpThey have a whole section with the 24/7 series with lots of info. I did a lot of reading up on the 24/7 and every one seems happy with it and for under $500 you cant go wrong even with the lifetime guarantee.

Hey Ray Ray check out the Taurus Armed forums here is the link. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.phpThey have a whole section with the 24/7 series with lots of info. I did a lot of reading up on the 24/7 and every one seems happy with it and for under $500 you cant go wrong even with the lifetime guarantee.

Under 500? Why not pick up a used M&P. =)