Sign in to follow this  
Sleeper

Finally joined the club

I haven't been shooting my AR or the XDM much recently. Really been trying to save money. So the time was right to pick up a M&P15-22 and toss some lead. I took it out in my back yard and just finished shooting my first 100 rounds of CCI 40 grain and not one misfire. I think I'm going to not clean it until I get a miss and see how far I can get. :icon_e_smile: It sighted in quickly and was putting together some nice groups. I am happy with the purchase. I was thinking that it was a lot to pay for 22. But with what you get, like full quad rail and all the AR like fuctionality, I think it is worth it.

There are no NJ limitations on front grips/bipods for long guns that I'm aware of.

Thanks, for some reason I thought the front hand grib was on the laundry list of things that made a rifle with a grip illegal. I've been thinking of getting a UGT bipod for my MP 15 22.

i have a front grip/bipod on mine and a truglo red dot

I also have the Truglo red dot, I bought it online at Dicks in the fall. I had to send it back as UPS destroyed it. Replacement one came within a week.

I also have the Truglo red dot, I bought it online at Dicks in the fall. I had to send it back as UPS destroyed it. Replacement one came within a week.

I picked up a second hand truglo. Need to get the fore grip and a sling and it's done...I think.

This is my first red dot. Were is the optimum place to mount it. All the way back on the rail? Or a little bit foreward?

Or is it just personal preference?

You can shoot in your back yard? LUCKY!!!!......Congrats on the new rifle. I plan on adding one to my stables.

Yes it is legal in my town and my 2 acres backs up to state forest. It's also hilly so it is easy to find a safe direction to shoot into.

It is common to hear gunfire during the weekend on my street.

I don't like shooting larger caliber because it scares my dog. But she doesn't mind the 22.