jcerillo70

I have an idea for a shooting event in Monmouth County

So for any of you who love the history channel as much as i do, im sure you have seen the show "Top Shot" and said " That could be me"

Well i am proposing we have an all day event where it would be very similar to the show.

-revolver

-auto-loader

-Centerfire rifle

-Rimfire rifle

-Clays

Each stage would have a different theme

Bowling pins / Steel / Paper / Bottles / Quarters / Ace of spades / etc.

I would be more than happy to help plan, I love doing these things.

My goal would be to do this at Central Jersey Rifle & pistol OUTSIDE >>> If not ill talk to Andy at shore shot

And I would like to donate the profits towards FIGHTING FOR OUR CCW'S IN NJ or a similar cause to be voted on

-----

In turn it sounds great on paper. Ill take your input and make a decision on Friday whether to get planning or not

Wow, it could work. But it's gonna be hard. You'll need alot of time to plan this and alot of materials. Not to mention most here will say "i'm in", but then bail last minute and give you a lame excuse. Hell, I've done it myself (but it had to be that way).

We had an event at central Jersey two summers ago and it was NOT a pleasant experience. The only way this could even take off is if you had a piece of property in central Jersey that you could shoot on for free and set everything up the day before. Throw in a BBQ, pie (hi steph!), and guns and you might have a winner.

The property is the hard part.

Ill call my State police buddy tomorrow and ask about public lands

As far as the rest, we will give ourselves a few weeks notice to have a meeting and go over funding and such

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

There's 100's of us here. Someone's gotta know something

The property is the hard part.

Ill call my State police buddy tomorrow and ask about public lands

As far as the rest, we will give ourselves a few weeks notice to have a meeting and go over funding and such

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

There's 100's of us here. Someone's gotta know something

Right, and many do know something. But they have a golden egg that needs to be kept quiet. If you start letting 50 guys with guns on your property might make things a tad illegal.

Great idea, however you will have a tough time finding a range that will do this. Most public ones will only do it indoors, the private outdoor ranges, you need members, and most of all board of directors approval. Send a message to Cameron at GAPP, a vendor here, he may have a hookup at Ft Dix.

Joe, if you can get a range or piece of property that will allow such an event to happen, then that's a great start. But all the planning, and members, and sponsors or whatever is all a moot point if we don't have a place to bust some caps!

Try Buckeye gun club in Barnegat. It's a small hunting club with a small range attached. I know They have let AR15.com hold events there (even let them camp overnight). And one of our forum trainers uses the range for training classes. They have a clubhouse with all the luxuries including indoor plumbing.

We could rent the place out for the day and have it to our selves. They even allow BBQ there.