Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

The bears are back

I got home from work today(Monday) and my trash can was missing. I have a "bear can" with a screw on lid. I used to have it cabled to an old tree stump but the handle the cable was attached to broke so it's just been loose lately.

I wandered around a bit and spotted the evidence of the culprit. My can was way up the hill behind the neighbors house. About 50 yards off the road up a steep hill. On the picture at the bottom of this message...it was up in the trees beyond where the bear is walking. This is an old picture, the leaves haven't come in yet.

So when I arrived at the scene of the crime, the garbage was thoroughly picked over as expected, but he left a gift for me.

This gift was not an ordinary gift. This gift was an enormous gift. A Colossal gift. No average bear could have left a gift such as this.

He has now and forever answered the age old question; Do bears shít in the woods?

He not only answered the question with gusto, he answered it in STYLE! He deposited the enormous gift in the lid of the upturned trash can!

I guess he figured the missing can and the strewn garbage wasn't enough to alert me of his dastardly deed, he had to leave 10 pounds of a calling card to really set it home.

I expect we'll see our ursine phantom shítter again soon, so our big friend pictured below is still around having made it through the bear hunt. Only a bear this big can leave a deposit like that.

OLD PICTURE FOR REFERENCE:

IMG_5000.JPG

How can you legally get rid of it? Not sure what I would do if I had regular visits by that kind of pest. I don't think I could shoot it and let people know under normal circumstances.

Not sure what you mean "get rid of it". It's not just one. I'd have to kill one a week for years before it'd make a dent.

As for shooting it, no you can't shoot them. If you do, you lose your guns and 20k in the process.

haha! i have them in franklin...if you are not carefull and hit a pile of "der bar schiesse"..it stalls the mower! worse, if you hit one and don't notice and you have a bag mower like me...you are in for a suprise when you empty the bag....

at least the bear hunt worked for me, the 600+ lber they took in at franklin station was the gal I saw EVERY single day till the hunt.

Not sure what you mean "get rid of it". It's not just one. I'd have to kill one a week for years before it'd make a dent.

As for shooting it, no you can't shoot them. If you do, you lose your guns and 20k in the process.

I bet if you shot 5 you'd make quite a dent. Animals are funny that way. Kinda like areas where you can hunt deer. Dead deer and no deer. But nobody is allowed to most of the time anyway, so I'd suggest... darnit, probably not legal either. :)

(I wouldn't put up with it)