Sign in to follow this  
dave545

THOUGHTS ON THE LWRC M6A3?

soo i am thinking about buying a LWRC M6A3 what are everyones thoughts on them i really like the fact that it is an AR platform rifle and that it is a short stroke gas piston.

so thoughts or experiences with this rifle would be greatly appreciated thanks.

bigger plans going to make it Tacti"cool" and we also have a private range that goes well past 1000 yards so we can do some long range shooting

why wat were you thinking?

I was thinking that if you just plan on punching paper at the normal range (~200 yards) then you can save some money.

I don't really think its in any of our places to tell a person how to spend their money. Its a given that there are always cheaper alternatives, I think most everybody is aware of this which is true regarding practically all material goods.

If a person is asking about LWRCs, then let us guide them on the matter of the LWRC and not the merits of saving money (unless they ask specifically).

I personally have heard great things about LWRC as a company. I do not have personal insight though. I know of a couple people here on this forum that do have personal experience with LWRC, and instead defer to them regarding specifics-- though I haven't seen much from Shane45 recently.

ETA: Shane beat me to it before I could send my reply :blink:

• Like 1

Yes, there is always a cheaper option. However, I was simply trying to inform him that it depends on what he wants out of the rifle. If he just wants to punch paper at 100 yards, there are plenty of cheaper options that he will benefit from. If I was going to buy something overkill, I would appreciate someone letting me know there was a cheaper option that would still meet my needs.

ETA: Shane beat me to it before I could send my reply :blink:

If you weren't lecturing me, then you would have gotten your reply off before his :D

bigger plans going to make it Tacti"cool" and we also have a private range that goes well past 1000 yards so we can do some long range shooting

why wat were you thinking?

Well, I don't think...

umm...whoah, full stop...

Is this "private range that goes well past 1000 yards" outside NJ and can it handle .50 BMG?

Well, I don't think...

umm...whoah, full stop...

Is this "private range that goes well past 1000 yards" outside NJ and can it handle .50 BMG?

lol its inside NJ and it sure can handle a .50 BMG

What Shane45 said. If you're going to buy a piston, get an LMT or an MR556. Unless you like carrier tilt and shearing bolt lugs, then go for the LWRC.

I was under the impression LWRC had fixed these problems. I did alot of research on the M6A3 and mostly only heard fantastic things about them. I would have loved to get one but there just too expensive for me so im starting a custom build.

I have no faith in LWRC. I dont really care for piston AR's as stated earlier. So its 2 strikes. For relatively even money, I would (and did) buy rifles that are designed from the ground up as piston rifles. My DI gun is a Colt and she runs great! Buy what you like but understand that the internet is full of hype and missinformation. Despite my dislike for LWRC I think there is sound evidence that a piston AR is a cobled solution with layer upon layer of "fixes". No thanks. I havent seen any piston AR imune from this including LMT! Evaluate why you want a piston AR would be my advice. Then go buy a SCAR :D

• Like 1

I was under the impression LWRC had fixed these problems. I did alot of research on the M6A3 and mostly only heard fantastic things about them. I would have loved to get one but there just too expensive for me so im starting a custom build.

Nobody has fixed these problems with Piston AR's because they're nearly impossible to fix on that weapons platform. Even the vaunted HK416 has lug shearing issues.

I Agree with CH. I have had face to face conversation with those involved with developing these systems. We agreed that there is an inherrent issue with the fact these systems are designed to work with existing barrels and bolt carrierse etc etc. If someone wanted to corner a market, they would develop a ground up solution that fit a standard lower. THAT would be an innovation.

Interesting. Didn't know about the design WRT the barrel extension. Never got interested because all the people that run courses say they break. I try not to stay on the bleeding edge of technology. I wait for things to get sorted out a bit. It would only be an improvement on perfection, so...