Sign in to follow this  
jcerillo70

Best Rem. 700 Caliber??? New to long range rifles

I know, my friend is getting back today and he said that he never wants to see sand again. By the time i got in their the war would be over. I'm in it for the brotherhood and the chance to be a hero. But again it is still alot to think about before signing anything

Nah man. Don't do it for those reasons. I can see people joining for the steady pay, or to get a new start on life. But the heroic/brotherhood stuff is just used to make the whole shibang more enticing to young folks. They don't know much better to realize that it's a bit of a sham when they get in.

• Like 1

Dude, way off base on the hero thing.

I joined the CG to save lives, first and foremost was my own. I was fortunate to have been part of a team that directed saved some lives. Hero, no. Doing my job, yes. We had people that used to long for that insane mission that would provide them with medals and it always evaded them. If the higher powers that be, want you to be a hero, it will come. You can't make fate happen. If you do, you might become one of those firemen that want to be a hero so badly they turn out to be arsonists to get some minor glory. Then there are the nurses who play god with people so they can 'save' them. Lead an honorable life, be a good member of society and keep your nose clean and good things will come.

Looking for excitement, a chance to travel, to become a better man, meet your future best friends and brothers, sure. Hero, negative.

• Like 1

I practice long range with a savage .17hmr but if I ever had the need to reach out and touch someone I love the devastation of a good ole 30-06. Yes their are more accurate rounds but in my opinion when you mix the range, size and damage it's a tough round to beat. Plus the ammo is easy to find.