jcast73

Sig vs HK

I've shot a Sig 226 and a 229. Both fantastic firearms. I own an HK USPC .40. Awesome gun as well. You can't go wrong with either. If you're anywhere near hunterdon county you can shoot my HK to get a feel for what its like. I really want to get the P30 next. Just got to come up with the funds

...Marines which are part of SOCOM keep buying 1911's in MEU(SOC) format.

Actually, they were taking existing stock of 1911's and converting them to MEU-SOC specs. Yes, they held on to them even after the conversion to the 92F. My information might be dated though as I know this is what they were doing when they first decided to equip the MEU with .45's.

Anyway reading these questions about Brand X vs Brand Y (or Caliber X vs Caliber Y) is always interesting. The correct answer is a definite "maybe" because what works for others won't necessarily work for someone else. The way I look at it, every piece of gear is going to malfunction at some point.

I don't trust my equipment to save my a**, I trust my ability to use my equipment.

At any rate I'd shoot the Sig and the HK. Whichever one I shoot or handle better is the one I'd buy.