M4BGRINGO

Our brilliant government

Not sure exactly where to post this, so please move it if there is a better section.

I attached an article below showing what our idiotic leaders in Washington are about to do. Readers Digest version: Instead of selling our militaries used brass casings to companies to reload and re-sell, they are going to pay to have it shredded, then sell it to the Chinese, for less money than the re-loading companies were paying for it in the first place.

Looks like another way to drive-up the cost of ammo. Just another way to try to deter us from buying guns and ammo. Those that can afford it will continue-on, those that were on a shoe string budget will not be able to afford protect themselves...................

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html

I started reading the article you posted, at the link you provided. I stopped reading after the first 2 paragraphs:

Notice: Thanks to the hundreds of people who have responded to this posting, and the thousands of gun owners who e-mailed DOD and their representatives in Congress...

This situation has been resolved.

DOD rescinded the order after a firestorm of criticism--which began almost immediately when they issued a directive to mutilate all expended military brass before it could be sold to the civilian reloading market.

Yeah, that was a stupid policy, it's been long gone, though.