Mr.Shoot_It_All

sig p250 2sum

2 things, first to get the 2sum do you need 2 p2ps sig refers to the frames as polymer grip modules are they frames or grips or what.

also i dont see how the system is that great i dont get how its modular because if you have a subcompact frame you cant put the large slides on it and visa versa. caliber change is cool but can be done with 226 as well

Te actual firearm is the trigger group along with the action. Those two are build together and have the serial number on it and that's the part that you interchange between frame and slides. You can buy the frames and slides without permits since those are not consider firearms.

One permit, two guns.

One for practice and range work. The other to carry.

Perfect NJ Pistol. :icon_rolleyes:

That was initially one of the reasons I purchased a P250 in 9mm,however the conversion kits are not exactly abundant and quite expensive once you factor in the costs of additional mags {most kits only come with 1 mag} that range from $45.00 to $33.00 each, but I love the gun and most people that fire it compliments the rather long pull trigger and ergonomics.

I'll hang on to it and hope the conversion kits become more availible and less expensive,looking to buy a 9mm sub compact conversion in the future.

interesting so you remove the trigger group and put it into a subcompact little pocket frame and slide.

That's correct. And they have threes sizes of frames (sub, compact and full) and four diferent calibers (9mm, 357sig, 40s&w and 45acp) so once you buy your trigger group with one permit you can keep buying part to build different pistols.

That's correct. And they have threes sizes of frames (sub, compact and full) and four diferent calibers (9mm, 357sig, 40s&w and 45acp) so once you buy your trigger group with one permit you can keep buying part to build different pistols.

And three different grip girths for the full-size & compact grip modules. Two for the sub-compact (at least that was the original plan).

That I didn't know... It is a Lego Pistol.

The one major benefit is that it is so easy to detail clean,lubricate and swap parts and reassembly takes less that a minute.

Let's say there is a major malfunction in trigger group. Sig replaces parts or through hope thing and now you have a new group or modified group Idk what has herb serialed in there. So ebay then new p2p or call state and local and mod your.documents?

Let's say there is a major malfunction in trigger group. Sig replaces parts or through hope thing and now you have a new group or modified group Idk what has herb serialed in there. So ebay then new p2p or call state and local and mod your.documents?

vfurd3.jpg

vfurd3.jpg

I have attempted to decipher Mr Shoot's shorthand and can only conclude that alcohol or poor typing skills contribute to the cipher that he alone can understand... but I believe he asks that if repairs or modifications were to be done on the main trigger housing that has the firearm's serial number, will authorities have to be notified?.... and again I offer only a guess....

I have attempted to decipher Mr Shoot's shorthand and can only conclude that alcohol or poor typing skills contribute to the cipher that he alone can understand... but I believe he asks that if repairs or modifications were to be done on the main trigger housing that has the firearm's serial number, will authorities have to be notified?.... and again I offer only a guess....

Depends on the manufacturer. Some will restamp the old serial number on the new frame. Some will replace the frame with one with a new serial number. If the latter is the case, I'm assuming that you would have to go through an FFL, but I'm not certain that is 100% correct. Others may chime in.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PS: Thanks for the translation Duppie

That was initially one of the reasons I purchased a P250 in 9mm,however the conversion kits are not exactly abundant and quite expensive once you factor in the costs of additional mags {most kits only come with 1 mag} that range from $45.00 to $33.00 each, but I love the gun and most people that fire it compliments the rather long pull trigger and ergonomics.

I'll hang on to it and hope the conversion kits become more availible and less expensive,looking to buy a 9mm sub compact conversion in the future.

I'm in the same boat as you. I am going to hang on but I am really leaning towards selling if Sig doesn't get their sh@t together.

So just isn't making the components for it ?

There are conversion kits out there but either because the gun is relatively new or just not selling in numbers that Sig expected,the kits remain rather costly to the point that for a bit more you can conceivably purchase another decent firearm. You will have to use another permit here of course but for other states that's not much of a stretch.I would think that to introduce a new firearm concept,market it,and insure healthy sales it would behoove you to bring accessories in at a reasonable price or even as a loss leader in order to stimulate interest and healthier sales. We are talking Sig here and they probably can't make firearms fast enough so supporting P250 accessory sales is a low priority.

yeah im gonna stick with the p226 e2 for now

An excellent firearm I understand and if nothing else is learned from buying and firing my P250 is that when permits and finances allow, I will definitely own another Sig in the near future....