7-3-2

How to sell my personal guns legally

Okay so Im debating selling my Benelli Supernova 12 gauge (my first gun but im not a fan of the looong barrel version I have, plus I dont really hunt anymore and my interests have shifted more towards range shooting and pistols) and using the money to save for my next handgun purchase or maybe a S&W M%P 15 22lr. Anyways, Im concerned in how to legally go about selling and transferring ownership of my firearms. Is there a special process to make sure that the state or fed recognize the transfer? Is it more worth it to just trade the shotgun to an FFL to cover my a$s? Thanks guys,

Kev

Hey 7-3-2 :) PK90, one of the FFL's here on the forum, made up a handy reference sheet that gives you information regarding both purchasing and selling firearms legally as a resident of New Jersey. It can be found in this thread, which is a sticky near the top of the NJ Gun Laws section of the forum:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9657-firearm-purchasing-requirements-as-it-applies-to-nj-resident/

As a NJ resident, you could sell a shotgun that you currently own to another NJ resident. The buyer would need to have a valid FPID, and you both would need to fill out the Certificate of Eligibility. (Buyer and Seller would each keep a copy of the Certificate, and photo ID is suggested.)

• Like 1