acaixguard

Questions about the 1 gun a month law

Been a few years since I purchased a gun, so have a few questions about the one gun a month law...

1. How is the month calculated? For example, if I buy a handgun on June 16th, when can I buy my next one?

2. If buying a handgun one month, is it still ok to buy a rifle before the 1 month is up?

3. If buying/selling a used gun from a private NJ seller (none FFL), does the same rule apply? How does the seller know if the buyer has or hasn't bought a gun in the past month?

Thanks in advance!

Been a few years since I purchased a gun, so have a few questions about the one gun a month law...

1. How is the month calculated? For example, if I buy a handgun on June 16th, when can I buy my next one?

2. If buying a handgun one month, is it still ok to buy a rifle before the 1 month is up?

3. If buying/selling a used gun from a private NJ seller (none FFL), does the same rule apply? How does the seller know if the buyer has or hasn't bought a gun in the past month?

Thanks in advance!

1. It's one handgun every thirty days. Therefore you ae eligible to purchase another handgun 31 days from the date of your previous purchase.

2. OGAM only applies to handguns - you can purchase as many long guns as you desire, within any timeframe

3. You still need a Permit to Purchase and the NJSP track sales for OGAM by the copies of the P2P's they receive. You may make the transaction, but the NJSP will be paying you a call, and it won't be social.

HTH

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Do these people sit next to each other? ;)

They probably do. However, since we are talking cushy office jobs with the NJSP, they are likely on vacation days, sick days, lunch break, coffee break, smoke break, 7th inning stretch, and siesta, at alternating intervals so as a result of this they likely never encounter a co-worker. :lol:

They probably do. However, since we are talking cushy office jobs with the NJSP, they are likely on vacation days, sick days, lunch break, coffee break, smoke break, 7th inning stretch, and siesta, at alternating intervals so as a result of this they likely never encounter a co-worker. :lol:

Just FYI - NICS is outsourced to a private contractor, here in NJ. That is why it is set up with a 900 phone number and the $15 per use is billed via the FFL's telephone bill.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for that info Pizza Bob. Now I see why the FFL's I deal with get pissed when NICS calls get disconnected and they have to go through their phone bills every month to get those charges removed. What a stupid system.