Ray Ray

Ideas for Smith&Wesson

Smith & Wesson has done fabulous things with their M&P line of ARs, polymer auto's, and revolvers. Now how about a shotgun? I'm thinking a magazine fed semi-auto or pump. The idea that Remy and Mossy have the tube-feed versions covered so why not a magazine fed version. And to go the extra mile, make one in semi-auto that uses the same magazines as a SAIGA! I think this would be a great seller and I'm wondering if they'll ever get into the 12 gauge market. What do you guys think?

If they could make a reliable autoloading magazine fed shotgun, it would sell like hotcakes (assuming it wasn't stupidly priced). I would buy one in a heartbeat. My Saiga 12 is a real joy to shoot.

This goes for Ruger too.

SR-12 anyone?

M&P 12S (semi-auto)

M&P 12P (pump)

Man would these sell so well, especially in a RELIABLE, MODERATLY PRICED,MAGAZINE FED SEMI AUTO

Especially with the prices and the availablity of Saiga's, they would fly off the shelves.

I took a course on shotguns recently at GFH, since I knew virtually nothing about them. One thing that stuck with me was that the instructor said that for HD/SD a pump action was much better than semi-auto, because if the former misfired, you could just pump out the bad shell; but if a semi-auto gets stuck, all you can do is throw it on the ground and run like a little girl. Just sayin'.

I took a course on shotguns recently at GFH, since I knew virtually nothing about them. One thing that stuck with me was that the instructor said that for HD/SD a pump action was much better than semi-auto, because if the former misfired, you could just pump out the bad shell; but if a semi-auto gets stuck, all you can do is throw it on the ground and run like a little girl. Just sayin'.

When I have a bad round, I simply grab the charging handle and pull and let fly. It's not really different than a semi-auto pistol with a bad round. Maybe he means if the gas system craps out.

Perhaps that was it. As I noted at the start of my post, I know next to nothing about shotguns. Just thought it was an amusing observation.

That's OK. Whenever there is a home defense thread and people start showing their auto-loading pistols, someone chimes in about revolvers being superior ("six for sure"). I am comfortable with either. That goes for pump vs semi, or revolver vs semi.

Besides, I figure the bad guy would drop just at the very sight of my Saiga-12 awesomeness. :)

...and for the guys who say a pump action will scare people away with the sound... they obviously havent heard an AK design charging :icon_twisted:

If there is one thing I love about an AK, is the sound of racking that bolt!