7-3-2

places to buy an stripped lower?

Okay, so I've decided to start building my first AR and I have looked around and done research for the last few weeks now I'm ready to start making purchases. Does anyone know of any local shops that carry stripped lowers so that I could avoid an FFL transfer fee? Or do any local shops not charge a transfer fee from the manufacturer, say if I were to purchase the lower from Stag and have it shipped somewhere in order to run my NICS check am I going to be hit with a transfer fee? Just curious as the more money saved via ordering/transferring etc. the sooner I can start my build.

Thanks,

Kev

Usually when you order through a store, they do not charge you a transfer fee. Depending on how fancy a lower you buy and how cheap the store transfer fee is, the transfer fee may come close to the tax you pay for the lower. When you order elsewhere and have shipped to a brick-and-mortar store, you do not pay tax on the item at the store.

Call Shore Shot, they had a few stripped lowers in their display case. I can't vouch for the make though.