XDJohnTact

Non-resident ccw question

I just discussed this in another thread. Florida's prints need to be done at the law enforcement agency, as per their statute (and a discussion that I had with them about this exact thing). They cannot be done by someone just because they are a law enforcement officer who happens to be off duty.

I just discussed this in another thread. Florida's prints need to be done at the law enforcement agency, as per their statute (and a discussion that I had with them about this exact thing). They cannot be done by someone just because they are a law enforcement officer who happens to be off duty.

I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere also...but couldn't put a cite with it...

well for the hundreds of people who have already done them through GFH, that is false. mine were done at a VFW hall by whoever works for GFH, and i got my permit just fine.

The FBI cards used for the prints are typically ordered by local PD's in quantities of 2,000. At GFH during the NRA course the LEO was on duty till 7, had the cards and did the prints. No issues with FL about it.

Well no, the information is still true. If someone does it another way and it goes through, so be it. Just like if someone does not do the live fire requirement and it goes through.

I'm just the messenger. The statute is pretty clear and when I called to verify, they referred me back to the instructions which state:

FINGERPRINT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

You must submit a complete and legible set of fingerprints either on the FINGERPRINT CARD enclosed with this application package or by ELECTRONIC SCAN. Your fingerprints must be taken at a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

I specifically asked if a LEO could do them off site and was told no.

Because of that, I just refer my students to their local LEA to get the prints.

Check out the courses GAPP runs. He has a Utah/FL course that is excellent. I took it and he supplies everything, fingerprints, picture, application. It includes classroom training and range time. It is a full day course but at the end all you have to do is enclose a check with the forms and mail them out.

Thanks for the plug smoothie. My class does offer the FL and UT permits but I have VA permits on hand and with the extra prints and passport photos I give you, you can apply for that one too. Im in the process of having my class approved by CT to fill thier training requirement also. If you're interested in the course, check out www.gappnj.com