Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman1

Smith & Wesson M&P Knife Price Reductions

Link says 'Cutlery' cannot be shipped to NJ

x2

WARNING: Cutlery cannot be shipped to CA; CT; DE; HI; IL; KS; LA; ME; MI; MO; NJ; NV; PA; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Cutlery.

Any guesses why it can't be shipped to NJ?

Because NJ likes to bend us over the counter and butter our collective biscuits. But really its most likely because its spring assisted. NJ might count that as an assault knife-o-matic rifle with 20,000 round clip.

Because sportsman's guide is functionally brain damaged. I tried dealing with them about things in the past, and essentially their rules are made up. Near as I cna tell, rather than have an time flagged per state, each inventory item has a restriction code. That code represents a grouping of states. An item gets whatever code was keyed in by some data entry monkey, right or wrong, and there is no means of fixing it. The best ones are when there are two equivalent items with different restriction codes so brand A of an item cna come to a state, but brand B of the SAME THING cannot.

I picked this knife up from Amazon, and it was delivered promptly with free shipping. Turns out that what they mean by "assisted" is that when you push a button (with the safety off), the blade springs open. Excuse my naivety, but is that the same thing as a switchblade? Am I in violation of NJ law by owning it? (And will the NJSP come knocking at my door now that I've posted this?)

I picked this knife up from Amazon, and it was delivered promptly with free shipping. Turns out that what they mean by "assisted" is that when you push a button (with the safety off), the blade springs open. Excuse my naivety, but is that the same thing as a switchblade? Am I in violation of NJ law by owning it? (And will the NJSP come knocking at my door now that I've posted this?)

There isn't a button that you press. You push against a thumb knob and the spring assists in the opening of the knife. IMO if it was illegal in NJ, Amazon should know that and refuse shipment.