S&W39

East Brunswick Police Training Facility

I've read this whole thread a few times and would beg to differ. Your thin skined responses took the discussion from civil to shrill. I don't know you or Smokin', so I would consider myself an impartial observer.

• Like 3

Dave, you guys (and gals) at Old Bridge are all-about safety first! When I went to your PPC event I watched the first session to learn what you were all doing. Then you stood right beside me and Alec and made sure we did everything safely. Trying to learn to drop brand-new $30 mags on the floor and treat them as a "turd" was a strange lesson to me, but I understand why (from a safety aspect).

I watched a verteran shooter get DQ'd outdoors without ever firing a single shot one day due to the way he drew his weapon from the holster.

Safety is the #1 Priority at Old Bridge, I have seen it myself. Yes, people get-away with things that RO's may not see, but their fellow-shooters see what happens and do call them out. It is always done in a friendly manner though, not confrontational.

Mike,

+1 for you Old Man! I am PROUD to call you a friend!

Smokin50 whats your deal with the negativity you keep throwing at EB range.There are plenty of whackos at your club also,so whats your point.You keep injecting negativity towards this whole plan.Whats your motive for painting bleak scenarios?Are you so concerned or are you trying to be discouraging?Do you think the cost of joining at EB would cost more than OBRPC? I have a great idea, if EB opens up you don't have to use it.Some shooters like to have choices.You're becoming a bore.

So now I'm a boring Moron?

Listen. This is the way I see it. You registered onto this Forum 14 months ago. Including your childish hostile responses (including the example above) you have a whopping total of 26 posts. This EB Range thing is "your Baby" and you're pushing the Politicos to open it up, and you came on here asking for help & ideas and all that is FINE! Only problem is you have a chip on your shoulder and an attitude that needs a little adjustment. The irony of all of this is IF you carry on with this same type of attitude at the very range you're trying to open, you'll be one of the first people to be asked to leave.....

I want the range to open. I'll gladly pay to go there. I'll pass a Police Q-Target Qualifier (so maybe I'll be allowed to use the fun gizmos, even if it's in some sort of organized League run by the Cops) which will be easy for me to do since I've done it before. I'm a Certified NRA RSO and hold Instructor ratings in two disciplines. I'm a competitive pistol, rifle, revolver & shotgun shooter in several disciplines. I would like to see this range open to the public, as I've stated in every post I've made on this thread.

So please just leave me alone and go back to working on getting this two-year ordeal over with so we all can use what we've already helped pay for through taxes & grants.

• Like 2

So now I'm a boring Moron?

Listen. This is the way I see it. You registered onto this Forum 14 months ago. Including your childish hostile responses (including the example above) you have a whopping total of 26 posts. This EB Range thing is "your Baby" and you're pushing the Politicos to open it up, and you came on here asking for help & ideas and all that is FINE! Only problem is you have a chip on your shoulder and an attitude that needs a little adjustment. The irony of all of this is IF you carry on with this same type of attitude at the very range you're trying to open, you'll be one of the first people to be asked to leave.....

I want the range to open. I'll gladly pay to go there. I'll pass a Police Q-Target Qualifier (so maybe I'll be allowed to use the fun gizmos, even if it's in some sort of organized League run by the Cops) which will be easy for me to do since I've done it before. I'm a Certified NRA RSO and hold Instructor ratings in two disciplines. I'm a competitive pistol, rifle, revolver & shotgun shooter in several disciplines. I would like to see this range open to the public, as I've stated in every post I've made on this thread.

So please just leave me alone and go back to working on getting this two-year ordeal over with so we all can use what we've already helped pay for through taxes & grants.

All I want is positive feedback, thats how this all started.Leave it at that.

Smokin .50 is an awesome shooter S&W39 and I can see no reason he would't want EB to open and be sucessful. I believe we have 600 or so members at OBR&PC. I doubt many would cancel their membership to go shoot in EB. The more ranges we have for people the better, especially public ranges where hopefully people would have to take and pass some type of safety course.

I am still in my probationary period in OB and need to be voted-in to become a member. Many private gun clubs are like this. They want to make sure you are a safe, responsible shooter. Most public ranges simply take your money and let you at-it. I prefer not to go to places like that.

I will give my full support to EB and go to town council meetings to help support the idea if needed. Even though I can practically walk to the EB range from my home, I will still go to OBR&PC as my primary range. Lots of really good people and programs there.

Smokin .50 is an awesome shooter S&W39 and I can see no reason he would't want EB to open and be sucessful. I believe we have 600 or so members at OBR&PC. I doubt many would cancel their membership to go shoot in EB. The more ranges we have for people the better, especially public ranges where hopefully people would have to take and pass some type of safety course.

I am still in my probationary period in OB and need to be voted-in to become a member. Many private gun clubs are like this. They want to make sure you are a safe, responsible shooter. Most public ranges simply take your money and let you at-it. I prefer not to go to places like that.

I will give my full support to EB and go to town council meetings to help support the idea if needed. Even though I can practically walk to the EB range from my home, I will still go to OBR&PC as my primary range. Lots of really good people and programs there.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

EB opening the police range to the public? IIRC they have said something like that since at least 2000. Heck, I'm not even sure if it's the same facility any more. But i wouldn't hold your breath.