reloaderguy

Manufacture replacement gun under warranty

I might be getting a replacement gun from a manufacturer because of slide and frame rail damage. If the gun is replaced I would assume that I need another PP which I do have available. Is this correct?

Also what becomes of the One Gun A Month law if it is replaced. Do I have to wait 30 days to pick up the new one?

Assuming you purchased the handgun from a dealer, AND you returned the gun to the dealer, AND the frame is replaced with another, you will need another permit, but not wait the 30 days. You also may not have to wait 30 days if you can document the new one is a replacement and the NJSP believes you.

{offtopic} and I apologize for asking.. but when one named "reloaderguy" talks about having a gun replaced because of frame and slide damage.. one has to ask.. what happened.. lol.. again.. I apologize for the off topic question.. but just curious.. [/offtopic]

{offtopic} and I apologize for asking.. but when one named "reloaderguy" talks about having a gun replaced because of frame and slide damage.. one has to ask.. what happened.. lol.. again.. I apologize for the off topic question.. but just curious.. [/offtopic]

Gun had a burr on the inside slide during the first few rounds and in turn gouged the frame rails pretty bad and seized in battery.

Gun had a burr on the inside slide during the first few rounds and in turn gouged the frame rails pretty bad and seized in battery.

On the slide itself or on the frame of the gun, if it's on the frame I would rather have the frame replace rather than repaired, but that would mean needing a P2P to get it back.

Harry

I have seen S&W and Glock make a new gun with the old serial number in the past when they were replacing the entire gun but don't know if they still do this.

Nice to know they may do that, however it may depend on model also, there were a bunch of S&W BG380 early in production run that had problems and all the folks on the BG380 site when they had to get new frames were given new serial number. Not a big deal for any of them being none of them live in the PRNJ.

Harry

On the slide itself or on the frame of the gun, if it's on the frame I would rather have the frame replace rather than repaired, but that would mean needing a P2P to get it back.

Harry

Burr was on the inside of the slide next to the slide catch lever hole. To tell you the truth I payed $1200 for this gun and want it replaced.