winki

Wilson combat

Does anyone have any experience ordering from wilson combat? Is it slightly cheaper to go through a dealer? I'm looking at 2 different models and trying to decide on sights as well. This is my first high end firearm (I love a nice 1911). I would love to hear from any wilson owners out there.

I'd join the 1911forum.com if you haven't already and speak to "hammond". he's a preferred dealer I believe and has an excellent reputation. He posts the most in the ed brown forum. You can also contact george at http://www.migunslingers.com/

You can save off of msrp and get some of the best customer service in the business.

Jim

I'd join the 1911forum.com if you haven't already and speak to "hammond". he's a preferred dealer I believe and has an excellent reputation. He posts the most in the ed brown forum. You can also contact george at http://www.migunslingers.com/

You can save off of msrp and get some of the best customer service in the business.

Jim

I have joined the 1911 forum and ive been cyber stalking there a little bit. Thanks for the reference on george and hammond.

If you want to see / hold / fondle a Wilson, Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA is a Wilson dealer. His prices on other firearms are pretty decent - don't know if there is much room to move on a Wilson. I'd also call first to see what he has in stock, as this isn't like stocking S&W's or Sigs - much lower production volume and high cost means tying-up inventory dollars on a slow turn item. I would also urge you to look at Baer, but if your heart is set on Wilson, at least hold one before you buy one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If you want to see / hold / fondle a Wilson, Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA is a Wilson dealer. His prices on other firearms are pretty decent - don't know if there is much room to move on a Wilson. I'd also call first to see what he has in stock, as this isn't like stocking S&W's or Sigs - much lower production volume and high cost means tying-up inventory dollars on a slow turn item. I would also urge you to look at Baer, but if your heart is set on Wilson, at least hold one before you buy one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was at target world in PA last month and they had a couple of used Wilson's I took a look at. I'll think about the Baer, but to be honest with you I don't know if the shootability and accuracy of the Baer/Wilson is that much different. I seriously doubt I would notice an objective difference in performance between these high end guns. I prefer the Wilson for aesthetic reasons.