TheLugNutZ

New member from southern monmouth county

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my intro. My name is Wayne and I am currently in Neptune and will be until we decide to pull the trigger (no pun) on a house purchase sometime next summer (hopefully). This is the 1st and only strictly firearms forum i am a member of and i am rather excited about it, esp since its full of fellow gun loving new jersians!

I currently own 1 firearm (an M&P .40 full size) but recently updated the address on my FID and got another purchase permit, so i will be picking up another pistol in the next 90 days or so as well as some long gun toys. (.22 rifle, shotgun, AR/AK variant etc...)

I rented a few different polymer guns from shore shot before deciding on purchasing the M&P, and have been very happy with it!

I am currently a member of Range 14 in Ft dix but am thinking about joining an indoor range as well. I also just learned about the range in farmingdale today after reading through a few threads; i didnt even know it existed. Maybe next year when my ft dix membership expires ill join there since its about an hour closer to me. I also never knew about the 200 yard range at ft dix until someone mentioned it on here.

As far as my next pistol purchase, i am looking at either the Walther PPS or Khar MK/PM/CM 9 as i am in the process of obtaining a FL CCW and would like a slim single stack sub compact to carry when out of state. The issue i am having is that i would like to rent both but dont know of a place that has them for rent. I am a member of reddit (anyone else here?) and someone on there that lives in PA is willing to let me try their PPS which is great, but i would love to be able to handle the Khar as well. If anyone knows of a range in NJ that rents the Khar (and PPS possibly) please let me know, or if any members here own a subcompact Khar and are willing to let me throw some rounds down range with it I would gladly play you a rental fee!

Anyway, happy end of summer shooting fellas (and ladies), you will def see me around!!

I am currently a member of Range 14 in Ft dix but am thinking about joining an indoor range as well. I also just learned about the range in farmingdale today after reading through a few threads; i didnt even know it existed.

Monmouth County R&P Club

No indoor range. Actually, no indoors at all...

But, it's a fun range and easy going. We had around 15 people at the trap competition yesterday, and it was a great time as always.

thanks for the welcomes!! Everyone seems to be very friendly and informative, looks like i stumbled on a great forum!

Monmouth County R&P Club

No indoor range. Actually, no indoors at all...

But, it's a fun range and easy going. We had around 15 people at the trap competition yesterday, and it was a great time as always.

thank you, i will def look into it, that it right up the road here

Welcome. I was in Neptune today at Kelly's, my favorite Irish pub.

kelly's is awesome!

Howdy, if you are putting out the money for an indoor and outdoor range you may want to look into Central Jersey in Jackson.

this seems like a great place/club to join. i will def look into this as well tho unfortunately the price seems a little too steep right now, but i do think its well worth it if affordable..