Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Zombie Shoot with Black Powder

Went to a Zombie shoot in PA this past Saturday.

Loaded up 100 rounds of 12g, and 200 rounds of .45acp with real black. Had to use smokeless with my AR cause I haven't gotten around to tinkerin' with the buffer spring.

All I can say is too much fun........

Only time my 1911 hiccuped is when I limp wristed it, at times I forget that you need to hold that pistol like you mean it.

The best was, on one stage where I was smokin' it up, the RO came over to me and asked me what kind of powder I was runnin'. I told him Diamondback in FFFg. Naturally, he had no clue what I was talking about, so I told him it was a brand of black powder. Real black powder. He was in total shock.

And while I was only able to get about 16grains or so of FFFg in the case, that still delivered plenty of BOOM!!

• Like 1

I'm glad you had a good time, but I just can't wrap my head around shooting a smokeless cartridge with substitute black powder AND in a semi-auto. This whole runnin a 1911 on black is foreign to me.

If smokeless is ever outlawed in NJ, you'll have the most experience loading the only thing left that'l go bang, LOL!