matty

Jacksonites--P2P time lately?

So I want to make some handgun purchases this fall/winter and will be stopping by the Jax PD again tomorrow to pickup forms. Has been almost 2 years since I bothered, what's the turnaround time like?

Was 6 weeks like clockwork, but that was before electronic prints and I think the older lady that was there that had her act together on these things, has retired.

TIA--Matt

Had a pretty shotty experience with Jackson and applying for my initial FID and P2P. I handed in my paperwork first week of April. I didn't hear anything up until I called them to check on the status of everything the last week of August. On that call, they said they had my permits ready to go and that they tried contacting me May 27 but got no answer and said they left a message. Well that was complete BULL cause my wife and I are "snipers" when it comes to answering our phone and checking our messages being that we have many business calls come to our house. And they only call once and just leave it there to expire with no follow up?!?!?! Anyway I went to pick them up and being new to all this I wasn't sure if the 90 days started when you picked up the P2P a handgun or when it is approved. Well I obviously found out it is when it is approved so by the time I called them and went to pick it up I had 10 days to use the permit. I ended up just leaving it there for the extension and picked it up 4 days later. I guess the turnaround time wasn't that bad if they had actually got in contact with me but if you don't hear anything after a month, CALL THEM and check on the status!!!

Applied for 3 permits in mid April and haven't heard one word from the PD and im still waiting, the turn around in Jackson sucks for everything. When I went for my FID and PP's before that ittook 15 weeks.

Give them a call. There's a pretty good chance that it's been sitting there good to go and they've done nothing about it.

I applied for 3 permits the last week of July. Had to wait til August 1st for new prints. I called on Sept.1 and was told "we are very short staffed and are backed up..." I called again yesterday and was told "We are still waiting for a few things, we'll give you a call..." I know my references haven't received their letters yet ( I work with both everyday)...

I will now commence calling once a week. Last time I applied for P2P's it took 90 days...

I applied for 3 permits the last week of July. Had to wait til August 1st for new prints. I called on Sept.1 and was told "we are very short staffed and are backed up..." I called again yesterday and was told "We are still waiting for a few things, we'll give you a call..." I know my references haven't received their letters yet ( I work with both everyday)...

I will now commence calling once a week. Last time I applied for P2P's it took 90 days...

They love to delay things, they think that you will forget about it.

Call them and ask to speak to Jennifer, she's really good.

JOE

OK, I dropped off forms for 3 P2P there today, I have to get Morpho'd, 8 Oct for that. I have been fingerprinted 6-8 times in the last 5 years, two were ink AND electronic! Last time was at INS/ICE a little over year ago.

My TS clearance was renewed this year, and they were fine with using the SAME prints from 5 years ago!!!

Anyway, I will give them 30 days after which I will make myself a PITA, if I get no results after a week or two of badgering, I will complain to the mayor. You guys that have been waiting awhile might want to consider it.

OK, I dropped off forms for 3 P2P there today, I have to get Morpho'd, 8 Oct for that. I have been fingerprinted 6-8 times in the last 5 years, two were ink AND electronic! Last time was at INS/ICE a little over year ago.

My TS clearance was renewed this year, and they were fine with using the SAME prints from 5 years ago!!!

Anyway, I will give them 30 days after which I will make myself a PITA, if I get no results after a week or two of badgering, I will complain to the mayor. You guys that have been waiting awhile might want to consider it.

I have said it before, at the 1 or 2 week mark double check with you references see if they got the letter and returned it, either way at that point, double check with the PD and see how it's going. Check on the status and what has been completed and what still need to be done and if there are any issues ask what you can do to help. I do this and I'll get my stuff either right at 30 days or just a few days over but not more than 5 weeks total.

Harry

I see my ref's weekly, so no problem with them, I will find out when they get the letters. I never had issues before with JPD, but I did bug them as needed in the past. Eh, I will give them some time, I have no qualms about showing up at the window and asking, it's on my way home--

Just called again.... Tomorrow is day 80. That is day 80 from me giving them the Morpho receipt for fingerprints ( the application was submitted two weeks prior to that). It is "with the Lieutenant so it will still be a while..." I asked, "What is a while? We are at day 80 already." She didn't know... "The lieutenant reviews everything in your file..." "Then what?" I asked... "then it goes to the chief for signature..."

Last time it was 90 days. If it takes more than 90 days I am going to be pretty upset and I think from now in I will just keep putting permit requests in just for the hell of it.

I will be emailing the mayor this afternoon. I am really starting to get tired of this state...

Just called again.... Tomorrow is day 80. That is day 80 from me giving them the Morpho receipt for fingerprints ( the application was submitted two weeks prior to that). It is "with the Lieutenant so it will still be a while..." I asked, "What is a while? We are at day 80 already." She didn't know... "The lieutenant reviews everything in your file..." "Then what?" I asked... "then it goes to the chief for signature..."

Last time it was 90 days. If it takes more than 90 days I am going to be pretty upset and I think from now in I will just keep putting permit requests in just for the hell of it.

I will be emailing the mayor this afternoon. I am really starting to get tired of this state...

Let us know what the Mayor sez. On eof my refs just yesterday mailed the letter back in, so I will call there Friday to check on that. First 30 is next week. If its LT Siedler you can email him from the JPD web page

Ok, I called & checked, one of my refs still hadn't sent it in, I got on them to mail it certified, and they did yesterday. Also for some reason Sagem Morpho didn't send them the fingerprint recpt. So I had to drop off a copy of that. Still not at the 30 day mark, but now they have seen me and made nicey chit-chat, they where quite pleasant when I called, and later called me back to say a fax I sent didn't make it. So we'll see, will call again next week.

Chris, you get anywhere with the mayor?

Called today (day 31) and the peope in records said they had all the refs, fprints just in, NJSP backgnd back, so it would go over to the lt next. No idea when it might be done. They said to call back in 2records weeks, if 8she hadn't heard. So at least all of my paperwork and whatnot is in. I will check back again next week or so. Any luck with the mayor? He is a cjrpc member, I did see him there once.

Ok, I called & checked, one of my refs still hadn't sent it in, I got on them to mail it certified, and they did yesterday. Also for some reason Sagem Morpho didn't send them the fingerprint recpt. So I had to drop off a copy of that. Still not at the 30 day mark, but now they have seen me and made nicey chit-chat, they where quite pleasant when I called, and later called me back to say a fax I sent didn't make it. So we'll see, will call again next week.

Chris, you get anywhere with the mayor?

So here is a good one... I am having a hellish day at work so I figured I would rub salt in the wound and check on my permit application. Today is day 93. So I was told that all my paperwork is in and it has to go to the Lieutenant. What? "On October 18 (yes I am now keeping a log of phone calls) you told me it was with the Lietenant...It's day 93..."

Her response: "Oh there are people waiting WAY longer than that..." "You know since the mayor cut staff we are really short handed...." I am so sick of this. I can't stand having to be nice and beg for something that is MY RIGHT to have. I have to tell them I am not upset at them, etc. etc. so I don't get put at the bottom of the pile. This is so ridiculous.

I knew I shouldn't have called during a bad day.

Chris,

That is interesting that she is blaming the mayor for cutting staff thereby prolonging the pain, apparently the war between the mayor & BA vs. JPD goes on. Perhaps because the mayor is a gun owner and CJRPC member, its one of the first things they are dropping off the plate? Tinfoil hat off now. In any case, war with the mayor or not, these things are a core mission of NJ PDs since 1965-ish. If this requirement cannot be resourced, then it needs to me brought up as an unfunded mandate (an NJ specialty!). Or something. In any case, griping on the interwebz gets us nowhere. I am travelling this week, when I get back I will call, and get the status of my P2P, and the name of the LT who is supposed to be doing these things. I believe ANJRPC has an atty around by us somewhere on retainer, I will contact their office and consult with them as to what a good COA would be. Maybe we'll have to wait a bit more, call more, send inquiry letters certified mail, or what, I dunno. But it would probably help if all of us who are having this issue with Jax joined forces. Will keep posting in this thread.

So here is a good one... I am having a hellish day at work so I figured I would rub salt in the wound and check on my permit application. Today is day 93. So I was told that all my paperwork is in and it has to go to the Lieutenant. What? "On October 18 (yes I am now keeping a log of phone calls) you told me it was with the Lietenant...It's day 93..."

Her response: "Oh there are people waiting WAY longer than that..." "You know since the mayor cut staff we are really short handed...." I am so sick of this. I can't stand having to be nice and beg for something that is MY RIGHT to have. I have to tell them I am not upset at them, etc. etc. so I don't get put at the bottom of the pile. This is so ridiculous.

I knew I shouldn't have called during a bad day.

OK... So I called again today. "It's in the pile to be processed..."

"What does that mean?" I asked. The reply? "I have no idea... They'll call you when it's ready..." Not the friendliest of people either. It is now day 120.

Oh... And never received a reply from the email to the Mayor... This is so ridiculous and we have no power to speed this up. What does everyone think about having an attorney make a call? What does this usually cost?

"What does that mean?" I asked. The reply? "I have no idea... They'll call you when it's ready..." Not the friendliest of people either. It is now day 120.

Oh... And never received a reply from the email to the Mayor... This is so ridiculous and we have no power to speed this up. What does everyone think about having an attorney make a call? What does this usually cost?

Have you contacted the State Police Firearms's Division?

Call the Chief and explain the situation, be nice and see what he has to say, don;t just leave it up to E-mail. After that if you don't get a satisfactory response, call the Mayor and the NJSP firearms division. Also get a hold of Frank from the NJ2AS and see if he has any info about the town your in or if there is anything in the works.

What u need to do is contact the njsp, and as bad as this may sound maybe the media, what there doing is against the law, I was gunna go pick up my app today for 3 pp bit I may wait now. Also there making everyone re finger print??? I just got my fid 5 months ago I'm not paying that again when I can just do it at work

What u need to do is contact the njsp, and as bad as this may sound maybe the media, what there doing is against the law, I was gunna go pick up my app today for 3 pp bit I may wait now. Also there making everyone re finger print??? I just got my fid 5 months ago I'm not paying that again when I can just do it at work

If you got your prints done 5 months ago you should have gone through SM and electronic printing, if so you should not need to get re-printed, and forget 3 PP, make it 6, never know when a good deal around here might come along.

Why not make the app? You can join us in the struggle, or better yet, get yer people you know on the inside to unjam the logs for all of us? You are OC SO, aren't you?

Chris,

I emailed the Chief, asking why things are taking so long, politely, of course. I got an answer back that they are short-staffed and this is causing delays. I expected this answer, some NJGF-ers predicted this sort of thing several months ago, during the police layoffs that were going on earlier in the year. But he did CC the two former LTs, that were just promoted to CPT. I did reply, politely, of course, and asked is there was anything I could do to speed things along, noting my clean background. Have not heard back as of yet. Last time I talked to Carmen, before Thanksgiving, she did say that one of the newly promoted CPTs was being put on the Firearms processing duty. So no change, really. You might go ahead & try the lawyer route, and/or emailing the chief or the LTs/CPTs. I did talk with Mr. Pisano of Woodcliff Lake, he says not to bother with an atty until at least 90 days gone by. You are beyond that, as are others. I would guess an hr or two of atty time, plus mailing maybe 300-400. You'd have to ask him.

As for me, at least I am on the radar, good, bad or indifferent. I will call again later this week. If this continues on past the end of the CY, I will explore the lawyer route. may be a waste of money, or I may send a letter certified mail myself before that. I am hip that some folks have retired and aren't being replaced, and the budget vote to increase taxes beyond the 2% cap failed, but I have to dirve to Aberdeen, MD 2-3 times a week, just to keep my job, things are tough all over. 4 months or more is too long.

Hey all,

I just recently moved to Jackson last week. I am going to stop in to JPD tomorrow, and pick up the proper forms for the initial FID card and handgun permit. I will keep you guys updated as to my status/phone calls, good luck to all of us.

-Mord

Its been 6 months for me up in passaic county. The told me beforehand 4-6 months so starting next week I'm gonna be making calls once a week this is ridiculous. I have a question whoever can help. A sig p226 .40sw is a good buy for a first timer or should I go with a 9mm.