Sign in to follow this  
alec.mc

Storing loose ammo in ammo can problem?

I've just got an order of 1280 rounds of 7.62x39 in, for those unfamiliar with how the old milsurp comes, this type comes in a wooden crate, in a metal tin, stored 15 rounds to a small box.

Since they dont fit very well in my .50 cal ammo cans I have I was wondering if it would be ok to just store them loosely inside the can.

It would make a more effecient packing method, and would make reloading easier since I wont have to open a little cardboard package every 15 rounds.

Thoughts?

Loose is fine but I like those 15 round boxes. I have 15 round mags so when I want to bring say 15 mags worth of ammo I just grab 15 boxes of ammo. I get to the range, need to load up 3 mags, grab 3 boxes from my bag and load up the mags.

But, to each his own. Loose works

Loose is fine but I like those 15 round boxes. I have 15 round mags so when I want to bring say 15 mags worth of ammo I just grab 15 boxes of ammo. I get to the range, need to load up 3 mags, grab 3 boxes from my bag and load up the mags.

But, to each his own. Loose works

Yeh, I may be second guessing now, but that does sort of make sense.

Plus, that'll be one hell of a heavy box.

We'll see.