Sign in to follow this  
Bagarocks

Just bought my first ML

CVA Accura V2 50 cal, I looked at the TC Encore and Triumph among others but the Accura just felt good in my hands.

I put a Bushnel 1.75-4 x 32 scope on it.

Rich from Simon peter suggested a load out of 80 grain 209 Black Horn powder with 250 grain Barnes bullet and a magnum primer.

What else am I lookin for to get myself set up. Im hopein to get a deer and maybe with some luck a Black bear this season with my smoke stick

I used 100gr of goex behind a 250gr TC sabot bullet last season and knocked down a doe. This year I'm moving to Triple 7 pellets but sticking with the same bullet. Other than that, i use muzzle magic as a cleaner and I bought a new ramrod for range duty. Best of luck to you! BTW, my ML is quickly becoming my favorite hunting firearm... it's addicting.

Consider Triple 7 powder instead of the pellets. I know the pellets are easier, but the powder has more snot and I found it to be more accurate in my gun, it's also cheaper. I use 250gn powerbelts or Hornady 240gn XTP sabots with 100gn of powder 777.

Bag.... if you have trouble dialing in your muzzy with magnum 209 primers, try the triple 7 primers, they are lower power. I found regular 209 primers were causing accuracy issues because they were pushing the powder and bullet out some before the powder was igniting and the gun just wouldn't dial in. Switched to the 777 primers and things got a lot better.

Consider Triple 7 powder instead of the pellets. I know the pellets are easier, but the powder has more snot and I found it to be more accurate in my gun, it's also cheaper. I use 250gn powerbelts or Hornady 240gn XTP sabots with 100gn of powder 777.

Bag.... if you have trouble dialing in your muzzy with magnum 209 primers, try the triple 7 primers, they are lower power. I found regular 209 primers were causing accuracy issues because they were pushing the powder and bullet out some before the powder was igniting and the gun just wouldn't dial in. Switched to the 777 primers and things got a lot better.

+1...Use muzzle loader primers. That magnum primer stuff is BS. If a guy told me to use magnum primers I wouldn't listen to anything he had to say.

So far it seems you have what you need. i still use black power 2f 75gr and a 240 gr bullet in a sabot.theese bullets are the same ones i made for the 44 mag. as for primers i got the shotgun primers.i also have a cva the optima elete. for cleaning i still use a bucket of hot soapy water and a rag on the ramrod.

I started to get all excited, and then I read the posts.

If you really want to get addicted, burn REAL black powder and do it traditionally with a percussion lock.....

As to what you need....remember the plastic sabot is plastic and use Shooter's Choice or some other high quality plastic shotgun wad cleaner as a second bath after first getting rid of the fouling from the fake black powder.

Sight it in before you hunt with it. Good luck with the Zip Gun!

Dave