YWHIC

BCM 14 1/2" BFH Midlength Range Trip.. Range 14

So I took my BCM 14 1/2" Midlength to Range 14 this morning for some fun.. and to sight in my irons abit..

PSA Lower with PSA LPK.. Miculek Brake (pinned to get 16 1/2"), MOE Stock (pinned)

Shooting with just 'irons'.. using Federal AE Tactical 223 55gr FMJ and Herters/Tula 55gr..

Range.jpg

Front Caldwell Bag Only @ 50 yards

50yardBag.jpg

Front Caldwell Bag Only @ 100 yards.

100yardBag.jpg

Front Caldwell Bag Only @ 100 yards (group #2)

100yardBag2.jpg

Kneeling @ 100 yards

100yardKnee1.jpg

Kneeling @ 100 yards (group #2)

100yardKnee2.jpg

some bag at 150 yards and 6 shots (out of 10) while kneeling (with arrows)

150yards.jpg

The 60 rounds of Herters/Tula ammo does cycle just fine in this upper.. but on occasion the BOLT will not catch on the last round fired.. this happened 4 out of 6 mag changes.. this is due probably to weak ammo pressure and the midlength gas system.. I will continue to TEST and further evaulate stocking some.. (though I really prefer brass cased ammo)

The 140 rounds of Federal AE 223 ammo was 100% and functioned 'normal' with ZERO issues..

Overall a good day...

here are the pictures of the 2 targets that I was shooting at in this video.. with the LMT 6/3 IRONS sights..

FBI QIT (reduced with 12" torso width FWIW).

standing @ 100 yards.

100standing.jpg

kneeling @ 100 yards..

100kneeling.jpg

Ray Ray.. trust me I am stoked... the 14 1/2" (with brake pinned to make 16 3/8") is SWEEEEEET.

So I took my BCM 14 1/2" Midlength to Range 14 this morning for some fun.. and to sight in my irons abit..

The 60 rounds of Herters/Tula ammo does cycle just fine in this upper.. but on occasion the BOLT will not catch on the last round fired.. this happened 4 out of 6 mag changes.. this is due probably to weak ammo pressure and the midlength gas system.. I will continue to TEST and further evaulate stocking some.. (though I really prefer brass cased ammo)

The 140 rounds of Federal AE 223 ammo was 100% and functioned 'normal' with ZERO issues..

Overall a good day...

Hmm.. I know of several 16" midlength uppers that run jsut fine on wolf (which AFAIK is the same as tula and herters), sounds like your midlength 14.5" is a bit under gassed. I am making an assumption about herters being the same as wolf. Same place makes, no idea if it is actually the same velocity in the real world. I have chronoed wolf, xm193, pmc bronze, a couple flavors of WWB, and some other stuff form my 16" barrel. You should snag a box of pmc bronze as it was one of the lowest velocity rounds of the bunch. It STILL ran multiple 16" BCM midlength barreled guns in cooler weather.

Want to have fun, go out on a REALLY cold day. Lots of ammo slows down enough to get sketchy about running a gun when it is 20F with wind chill down around 2F or so.

I do go out in January (I did last year)... was about 25f..

FWIW.. The ammo are made in different plants over there.. Barnaul, Ulynsk, Tula...

ARf com says the Wolf is hotter than Tula.. I'm just waiting to get a few boxes to try it out..