Sign in to follow this  
SJG

AG's report on Assault Weapons

The last annual report The AG filed that can be located on the web through the State Library is 2007 year filed in 2008 even though it is suppose to be filed each year with the legislature. The 2007 table shows a drastic drop in assault weapons used in crimes in the state and the majority of listings deal with them when the charge was in connection with a charge of possession for unlawful purpose as opposed to an assault weapons charge. If anyone has any reports from 2008-2010, post them.

I don't think that the people that wrote laws realized that after the 15th round there comes a reload, nor did they realize that the "evil" features of these weapons make much of any difference in a crime. Last time I checked criminals don't apply for FPIDs or go to the local firearms store to buy their crimal tools. Maybe I am wrong according to the law makers.

I don't think that the people that wrote laws realized that after the 15th round there comes a reload, nor did they realize that the "evil" features of these weapons make much of any difference in a crime. Last time I checked criminals don't apply for FPIDs or go to the local firearms store to buy their crimal tools. Maybe I am wrong according to the law makers.

It is actually that because of these things it is harder to buy, so the chances of an average would be gun owner turned criminal is reduced. My life of crime has been inhibited by NJ gun laws! If only they had less gun laws I would be a master mind criminal by now!

Just remember, it is because guns are evil that people turn into criminals. It isn't like people were criminals before hand...no, that definitely isn't it. :p