kram

Does anyone here own a H&K 9mm with LEM Trigger?

I am interested in trying out the LEM trigger for either the 9mm H&K P2000 or (preferably) P30. I fired one years ago but can't really remember how it was. Does anyone on here own one of these guns that I would be able to try out? No ranges in the area offer a LEM H&K for rent. Getting a permit is a PITA so I want to try before I buy. I will bring ammo and pay the range fee's. Please PM or email me.

Thank you

I owned one and sold it. The double action pull on it was looooooong. I found myself having to stage the trigger (i.e. pull right before I thought it would break) to be accurate. That's a bad idea if you guess wrong though and it goes off by accident. I prefer the SA/DA.

Good luck. Hopefully someone chimes in.

To take best advantage of the LEM trigger you need to get in the habit of riding the reset instead of allowing the trigger to return all the way forward. Otherwise its just a long DA pull. I've tried to find one to try but never was successful. This video describes it pretty well:

To take best advantage of the LEM trigger you need to get in the habit of riding the reset instead of allowing the trigger to return all the way forward. Otherwise its just a long DA pull. This video describes it pretty well:

Yep, and where it is an accident waiting to happen is wanting to prevent the gun from resetting all the way, and thus keeping your finger on the trigger while moving (which is a huge no no in USPSA/IDPA).

I believe a Sig with the SRT is a far better all around versatile trigger.

humn. It is a great trigger, but not for the novice, and not unless you use it in competition.

For regular target shooting, the trigger is very very awkward.

I only used my P2000 at the range trying to target shoot, so Maks may have a good point about it being for different purposes (i.e. LE or competition). It didn't server mine well.

Thanks for the quick replies. I am not a big fan of DA/SA and prefer shooting DAO or SAO. I bought a P30 V3 when they first came out and sold it after a few thousand rounds. I do remember having some issues with the V1(light)LEM P2000 I shot due to the initial long pull and longer reset since I am used to Glocks. Its been a while since I last fired one which is the reason for wanting to check out the LEM again. I will not purchase one unless I am able to fire one first as from what I remember, my first experience hasn't been all that great.

Thanks again

Call Shore Shot Pistol Range (site sponsor). They have several HKs in their gun case for sale. I saw a few last night. I can't say whether they were LEM or SA/DA though. You wouldn't be able to fire it (unless it was used, they sometimes will let you), but you could reacquaint yourself with its trigger pull.

I was at Shore Shot last week and there were no LEM H&K's instock. I called ranges in NJ as well as in PA and no one has a LEM H&K to rent.

I am also VERY interested in the Walther PPQ. Cheaper than the H&K, very nice trigger with short reset, and comfortable grip. When compared to the H&K, the PPQ seems to be a much better choice for me especially since I am used to shooting Glocks.

Now I just need to see if anyone has one of those that I can check out :icon_mrgreen:

I had a LEM p30 and really liked it a lot. The trigger however is greatly different from DA/SA sigs that I was shooting a lot. Therefore I sold it to concentrate on da/sa.

Great trigger IMO and if you like da triggers, you will like the lem. The short reset is great.