dave545

synthetic 10 round ak mag mod

dam government

for the record.. YOUR gun may already be compliant (depending on the parts in it).. I was talking to a friend on the phone earlier because they were asking about some stuff in this thread.. and they said well hey some AKs are sold with 30 round high cap mags.. bayonet lugs.. flash hiders.. etc.. in America.. and that is true.. but a LOT of those rifles have had things done to them.. a lot have US fire control groups.. or other US parts.. and some well.. some are probably not 922 compliant... and the point is not even what one rifle has VS another.. Saigas are imported without pistol grips.. others are imported with pistol grips.. there is no universal benchmark.. the point is the second you pick up a tool and start altering it state side (in a way that is different from its imported sporting configuration) that is where the compliance issue starts.. I am sure 922 compliance is probably one of the least most likely charges to ever be pursued.. at a personal level.. now if you were building and selling non compliant rifles... then you might be more likely of a target.. but just a personally owned firearm.. yeah you SHOULD be compliant.. just to cover your bases.. but it is unlikely the ATF is going to smash in your door at 3am over a 14 round US mag in a wasr.. it is just not a reasonable fear.. in fact I am almost positive 922 only came about because people were trying to import various banned rifles and rebuild them in the US to skirt the ban.. (or something like that)... the US gov said ok.. want to build those here? for it to NOT be an illegal weapon it must have 10 or less foreign parts.. to be considered US made and different from the banned gun.. that last part might be off a hair.. but I am pretty sure it had something to do with that..