Sign in to follow this  
charleslee

M1903 Springfield

Has anyone other than myself ordered one of the M1903 Springfield rifles that recently came into the CMP? I jumped on it as soon as I learned about it because they had lmtd. #'s. I'm excited, this w/ be my 1st. M1903. I got (2) Garands from them last year and they are beautiful.

I was thinking on getting one but would only do so if I drove out to the North Store to get it. I already have a bunch of 1903's but what the heck, you can always use a couple more. I guess I see another north store trip in my future to pick through some M1's.

$500.00 for the one i got. It was a SA and they had 3/400 ( I forget the exact amt.) so i figured my odds were best w/ getting one of those. I mailed my $/forms in Priority Mail. Afterward, i found out most people send theirs overnight mailm but i made it nonetheless. They have 218 left of the low-serial #, "S" stock, SA's left (unsafe to fire). All else went. They said that they expected to sell out most of the different models the very 1st. day. By models I mean other manufacturesrs, configurations (the "S" stock denotes a pistol grip I believe), etc.

You'll be OK, mine probably didn't get there till Tues. I called them & they said the got (5) buckets of mail so everybody & their bother sent for one. I don't know much about them, just the basics, that they came after the Krag &'preceded the Garamd, their caliber, etc. But I love the CMP so I can't wait. I just wish I could get an M-1 Carbine from them or anywhere but friggin' NJ won't allow it. Taxes and gun ownership, this state sucks!

I also ordered one. My paperwork arrived there on the 3rd, and I recieved this email on the 11th;

We have received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30-60 days. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is XXXXXX. The order will not show as pending on the estore until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems logging onto the estore, please let us know.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

Melissa Smith

Customer Relations Supervisor

Civilian Marksmanship Program

Update-I received my Springfield M1903 a couple of wks. ago. High serial # 134****, S-stock w/ a #3 muzzle reading and a #5 throat reading. Again, the price was $500.00. Considering that it's going to be a collector pc. & I'm not going to be firing it, I wish it had less throat/muzzle erosion but it's fine. It's not like the CMP didn't advise that the batch had seen considerable use & had much wear. It still is a beauty & after all, it has historical value. I really appreciate milsurps like I'm sure many of you do. BTW, from one veteran to others, may I extend a belated Happy Veterans Day & thanks for serving!!!