Tosser

Who Would YOU rather train with...

4 members have voted

1. 1. With All factors being the same, who would you train with?

• Trainers like: Magpul, Kyle Lamb, Travis Haley, Vickers, Tactical Response, MDTS, SothNarc, Pat Rodgers, Hackathorn,
    • Gun For Hire

Being as the thread that was locked (Per NJ2AS and My suggestion) was continued on another section of the forum I'll ask the question here.

With all things being equal: Cost and Location etc.

• Like 3

Well being I have only have been to GFH I can only pick them, no way I could chose someone who I have never had deals with. Yes I would go back to GFH any day.

However on that note I will say depending on proximity, I would not be opposed to trying some of the others out.

So I vote GFH being I know them, but it's not really a fare poll being these are the only 2 options and hoe many people have been to the others, #1, and #2, how can they all be lumped into the same voting selection, what if someone had a good experience with one of the, but a poor one with one of the other in that bulk selection.

Also I have to ask, what other agenda is there with this thread in the first place??

Also how about if you take GFH on there very generous offer, you then post what you really think about them and how you would then vote in this thread, doing so beforehand and even starting this thread is not a classy or standup thing to do IMO.

Well being I have only have been to GFH I can only pick them, no way I could chose someone who I have never had deals with. Yes I would go back to GFH any day.

However on that note I will say depending on proximity, I would not be opposed to trying some of the others out.

So I vote GFH being I know them, but it's not really a fare poll being these are the only 2 options and hoe many people have been to the others, #1, and #2, how can they all be lumped into the same voting selection, what if someone had a good experience with one of the, but a poor one with one of the other in that bulk selection.

Also I have to ask, what other agenda is there with this thread in the first place??

Also how about if you take GFH on there very generous offer, you then post what you really think about them and how you would then vote in this thread, doing so beforehand and even starting this thread is not a classy or standup thing to do IMO.

I am on the record all ready stating that I will take anthony up on his offer.

What makes one trainer better than another? Is it notoriety? Is it being able to brag that one was trained by "xyz"?

To be realistic, how much of the training would actually use in real life? God willing, not much.

It's silly to debate about this stuff.

It's a free market. People vote with their wallets who they'd rather have as a trainer and how much that training is worth to them.

I took the combative pistol class earlier this year from MDTS at Old Bridge. I cannot say enough great things about them. The curriculum was fast paced and intense, and I used a bit over 500 rounds for the day. Chris Fry and his team did a remarkable job assessing each individual student's skill level at the beginning of the day and then pushing each person just the right amount to challenge them without overwhelming them. That says alot about their skill as teachers in addition to their knowledge of the subject matter.

I am happy enough with the class that I am registered for their 2nd pistol class at Old Bridge on 11/19. And since class fee is less than what I spent on ammo for the day it's also a remarkable value.

I am on the record all ready stating that I will take anthony up on his offer.

Then how about you hold off on this type of thing and maybe ask Maks or one of the other mods to just delete the thread until then.

Really you cold be the greatest guy in the world, but after the other 2 threads and now this, well it's not really showing your best side if you catch my drift.

• Like 3

Since the thread is going goofy I'll add my 2 cents (why does a keyboard have a dollar sign but not a cents sign?).

All things being equal I'd choose to train with master Miyamoto Musashi. Since this is not possible I'll add a different option.

I have trained with some local instructors and with Tactical Responce. I enjoyed the TR class and would like to do a GFH and an MDTS class, perhaps after the new year I'll have money for this.

I like to get the different perspectives of the different instructors.

Since the thread is going goofy I'll add my 2 cents (why does a keyboard have a dollar sign but not a cents sign?).

All things being equal I'd choose to train with master Miyamoto Musashi. Since this is not possible I'll add a different option.

I have trained with some local instructors and with Tactical Responce. I enjoyed the TR class and would like to do a GFH and an MDTS class, perhaps after the new year I'll have money for this.

I like to get the different perspectives of the different instructors.

Well said Ron. I too like to get the perspective of various instructors.

Well said Ron. I too like to get the perspective of various instructors.

So you want to get different perspectives but it's okay to shite on people that offer you a free class? I see the kinda guy you are. Keep seeking somebody other than Joel to side with you.

So you want to get different perspectives but it's okay to shite on people that offer you a free class? I see the kinda guy you are. Keep seeking somebody other than Joel to side with you.

To be honest I don't need anyone on my side in this matter, the facts are the facts here with some subjective arguments thrown in.

Just so you sir are aware, I have received numerous phone calls and emails about this topic. Most of those people have even MORE to say than I am, however they don't want to get involved.

Just so we are clear, Bry@n and HD don't agree with me. Thanks. I will cry myself to sleep tonight knowing that.

Again I don't necessarily disagree with wanted to go to training by different trainers. I feel it is wrong that you shite on a guy that does a lot for the nj2as and this forum.

Your out of line in my opinion and now your seeking to redeem yourself.

I don't give a heeping load of crap what you do, whether it's cry yourself asleep or worship a million trainers that we have all heard of.

• Like 2

Being as the thread that was locked (Per NJ2AS and My suggestion) was continued on another section of the forum I'll ask the question here.

With all things being equal: Cost and Location etc.

OK - WHY IS THIS NECESSARY? I thought we were BEYOND this petty bs!

Just so we are clear, Bry@n and HD don't agree with me. Thanks. I will cry myself to sleep tonight knowing that.

Just to be clear, at this time I am no longer talking about what training facility id better or who is cheaper, that like Shane said is someone view and 2 people can have 2 different views.

What I do not agree with is the way your going about this.