Sign in to follow this  
siderman

Mossberg 702 ?

My wife and I where at the same mall as Dick's last night so I (we) wandered in and was looking at the gun sales. Did a little mindmeld with my SO about the nice $119 price , half joking, and she said go for it.So I did as it was the last semi but was too late for the phone call and I need to go back later today for pick-up. Did most of the paperwork but didnt pay yet.So, being a spur of the moment buy I didnt do any research on this little .22 rifle. Now that i have I see its not getting the most favorable reviews, so-so at best. Anyone here have one and care to share your experience/opinion?

they are atleast 2 ftf or eject properly per mag if you wanna drive down to cherry hill ill sell you mine for 100 ftf and give you 15 mags that i have for it will come with scope with the price of 22 it doesnt hurt your pocket just load up all the mags and have to work the action every now and again let me know

Best thing about shooting my 702 is that you learn to really appreciate a smooth trigger. It's the grittiest trigger I've ever shot and I'm hoping it will eventually smooth out. Several thousand rounds later and it's a little better.

Trigger aside, mine has been really accurate even with stock sights. It will put Wolf match ammo almost into the same hole at 50 yards.

I'm not sure that it's ever jammed on a non-ammo related issue.

Also, it's a pain to put back together after cleaning.

My .02 is ANY of the * OLDER * mossberg .22's are a better choice.....

My .02 is ANY of the * OLDER * mossberg .22's are a better choice.....

Not sure what you said there. BTW- I do have a much older Mossberg 22, a 1954 146B restored that was my dads but was looking for a cheap semi plinker but maybe this 702 is a little too cheap. Prbly gonna pass on it , seeing too many un-favorable views.

Not sure what you said there. BTW- I do have a much older Mossberg 22, a 1954 146B restored that was my dads but was looking for a cheap semi plinker but maybe this 702 is a little too cheap. Prbly gonna pass on it , seeing too many un-favorable views.

What is said is my 2 cents is that the older mossbergs are better shooters well made and far mor accurate than the new ones....and for another $ 100.00 more you can have something that will shoot lights out as compared to the new 'junk'.....

The 146B you have is a FANTASTIC rifle and if you want to get rid of it let me know ;-)

I fell victim to this Dick's sale about 7 or 8 months ago, got a 702 for $120, traded the gun in a few weeks ago.

I could not get through a whole mag no matter what ammo used, tried federal bulk, winchester, rem gold bullets, cci mini mags and stingers. The first round in the mag would be fine then the shell would get caught in the chamber.