PDM

No CCW Review by the Supreme Court

The Supreme Court denied the petition for certiorari in the Masciandaro case, so there won't be any Supreme Court review of the question of whether the 2A applies outside the home this year. What I am wondering is if they wouldn't hear this case, what if anything makes it likely that they will ever grant cert to hear a CCW case?

I'll wait to see what other who have more information on this have to say, but I hope it's more along the lines that it may have been a weak case and there are others that may be stronger headed that way and would rather not set the precedent with this one, bit like I said, I am just guessing, and hoping thats what it is.

Is that a good or a bad case for us gun owners?

It doesn't matter because even if the SCOTUS rules in favor of CCW, the courts will leave wide open holes for "reasonable regulation" which will give the states all the excuses they need to tack on a whole list of unrealistic, time consuming and expensive requirements that limit the number of the permit holders to some small minority.

Is that a good or a bad case for us gun owners?

Actually, I was kidding. Maybe they are waiting to see if there will be a split in the lower courts. I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't want to smack down all the lower courts that have twisted the Ruling in Heller.